Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

This whole thing just makes me sad.

I would like to see them do a one off concert with Deacon....do it in LA, do it wherever. Heck, I probably won't even be able to go.....but still.

But yes, a true "farewell"/tribute concert with Deacon would be something I would like to see happen in the future

But them continuing as a unit with that name without GF seems like a lacking Eagles and I wouldn't want to see them just continue to wear it out year after year tour after tour. It wouldn't be right, IMO.

Do something like what Led Zeppelin did with Jason Bonham at the O2.

I think a tribute/farewell show is appropriate but anything beyond that and I'm simply not interested.

I understand those not even wanting a tribute/send off concert and that's totally fine, I get that, but other people will feel otherwise, just as people will feel otherwise to me saying they shouldn't tour, where some will think they should.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I've speculated on the prospect of Felder corralling Leadon, Schmit, and Walsh, putting Joe Vitale on the drum stands, and re-banding the Eagles with Felder himself as the frontman. Of course, I did this more as a joke than anything else.

As far as actual re-banding goes, I sure hope not.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Don's statement was taken way out of context. It was a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question. Don has said the Eagles are over. I know that's a tough pill to swallow for some, but facts are facts. It is just as ludicrous a thought to go on without Glenn as it is to go on without Don.
    Agreed!

I think they might do a tribute, but that would be it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I don't see anything long term happening, and I don't think it should. The 3 guys (Don, Joe, Tim) seem content and happy to do their solo careers. I would love a filmed one-off tribute show, though.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I don't see anything long term happening, and I don't think it should. The 3 guys (Don, Joe, Tim) seem content and happy to do their solo careers. I would love a filmed one-off tribute show, though.
    Agreed, AG, I'd like to see a public tribute show happen and have it released on DVD.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Border Troubadour

The media have just blown Don's answer to a hypothetical question all out of order - no wonder he wrote Dirty Laundry
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As I said in the other thread where this was discussed, I agree that Don meant having Deacon join for a few tribute shows - not a full-blown Eagles tour. I would welcome the former, but the latter - um, no thanks.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've seen it happen again and again. A sentence gets taken out of context, gets twisted, then in its new distorted form gets parroted endlessly on social media and sites looking for some clickbait.

Every time I see this headline, I cringe, because I know 99% of the people who see it will not look any further and are now fully expecting the Eagles to tour the world in a few months with their new member, Deacon Frey.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

I hope they all just do their own solo stuff. They can sound good doing Eagles songs in their solos. Don Felder and Joe play Eagles material in their shows and they sound fantastic. I imagine Don F is the same.

There is such a difference in their age and Deacon's age, I can't even imagine it. I wonder how well they actuall know Deacon or he knows them. I think their relationships became professional not personal and they probably had little contact.