Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

MY plane ticket is bought Brooke!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Awesome - So excited that for everyone going. It should be a good time. Brooke, I haven't bought my plane ticket yet because I'm considering staying a few extra days. So, if anyone wants to stay later than Monday, let me know.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Santa Monica Mountains, CA 05/22/16

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    We stayed in a guest house in Laurel Canyon that I found on VRBO. It was very nice. I will pm you.
    Would it work to stay there for the Glenn memorial in January? I must at least see Laurel Canyon!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Unfortunately, Jeff (the owner) requires a 5 night stay and I don't think anyone besides me and maybe Dreamer will be staying that long. However Soda, Dreamer & I have been doing some planning and Laurel Canyon Country Store would be a great place to see. We are waiting to see how many people commit to the trip and what they would like to see. I will put you down as a yes for Laurel Canyon Brooke.

FYI admins - Would one of you move these last 2 posts to the Border Gathering thread? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Ok guys, I'm officially going to this! This is my answer to hubby's bear hunting trip in September! I'm sooooooo excited!

Has anyone purchased their plane tickets yet? I don't want to buy mine and then find out no one else has committed!
    I've got my ticket. So excited!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Unfortunately, Jeff (the owner) requires a 5 night stay and I don't think anyone besides me and maybe Dreamer will be staying that long. However Soda, Dreamer & I have been doing some planning and Laurel Canyon Country Store would be a great place to see. We are waiting to see how many people commit to the trip and what they would like to see. I will put you down as a yes for Laurel Canyon Brooke.

FYI admins - Would one of you move these last 2 posts to the Border Gathering thread? Thanks!
    Sorry it took me so long to do this - I missed the request!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Have given this a month's worth of consideration, and have come to the conclusion that this probably wouldn't be an optimal trip for me at this time. Large trips like this one are probably out for a while, as things are still a bit unsorted for me.

I thank Soda for presenting this opportunity to us, and I wish the very best to all who are going.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I was in Los Angeles for a few days last week and finally got to a show at the famed Troubadour. For reasons unknown to me, they don't use the famous front bar anymore (except that's where the restrooms are). They kept it in darkness, which is unfortunate because there is some memorabilia on the walls that would've been nice to get a better look at. In the front right-hand corner is the Eagles section: there is a signed photo of the band (Timothy edition, Long Run era I believe) and a framed cover of the live album. That's it, as far as I could make out.

I didn't get to Dan Tana's, so that remains on the bucket list. Instead, I checked out two restaurants that Brian Wilson likes, one of which was OK and the other awful! He may be a genius composer but he's no epicure.

P.S. I visited the Country Canyon Store, but that is a Jim Morrison place to me (I've been a Doors fan for longer than some of you have been alive). It was cool to drive down Laurel Canyon Blvd at night and listen to the Eagles on the radio. I was surprised to hear a Spanish-language station play the Eagles version of Hotel California. That doesn't happen in Miami, that I'm aware of - #1, they wouldn't play a rock song and #2, they wouldn't play a song in English. I just found it interesting, that's all.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 08-18-2016 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I was in Los Angeles for a few days last week and finally got to a show at the famed Troubadour. For reasons unknown to me, they don't use the famous front bar anymore (except that's where the restrooms are). They kept it in darkness, which is unfortunate because there is some memorabilia on the walls that would've been nice to get a better look at. In the front right-hand corner is the Eagles section: there is a signed photo of the band (Timothy edition, Long Run era I believe) and a framed cover of the live album. That's it, as far as I could make out.

I didn't get to Dan Tana's, so that remains on the bucket list. Instead, I checked out two restaurants that Brian Wilson likes, one of which was OK and the other awful! He may be a genius composer but he's no epicure.
    So happy you finally got to a show at the Troubadour. Nice! Who was playing?

I''m going to make it out there sometime; unfortunately, I 'm currently thinking it's not going to be in January. I do wish everyone a great trip.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I went to see a country singer that I've never heard of, Craig Wayne Boyd. The turnout was very small - 25 people, tops. Yet security still made people wait outside for an hour down the street, and then line up behind barricades. I mean what the heck? I'm gettin' too old for such nonsense.

LuvTim, you're saving your pennies to see Timothy in concert.

My (not very good) photos of the Country Canyon Store and inside the Troub.

Last edited by NightMistBlue; 08-18-2016 at 03:49 PM.