3. The Sad Cafe
    4. Take It To The Limit
    5. Tequila Sunrise
    6. Try And Love Again
    7. Do Something
    8. No More Cloudy Days
    9. The Girl From Yesterday
    10. Get Over It
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

My favorite is Take It to the Limit as well. It's so dramatic - I love the arrangement and the way it builds. Every time I hear it I just want to shout with it - "Put me on a highway!! Show me a sign!!! TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT ONE MORE TIME!!!" lol

Top 10 is always harder... sometimes things change... I'll give it some thought!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I love Take It To The Limit. It's such a great song. My top 10 changes a lot.

I also like After The Thrill Is Gone and Ol' 55 a lot. I wish Don and Glenn would do more duets together.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I was thinking about this thread when I was commenting on the results of the Hotel California Survivor game. I noticed that CD7 named this thread "Best Ever Eagles Song", but then asked us to comment on our favorite Eagles songs. For me, this is asking two different things. I commented earlier that I really can't pick a favorite or even 10 favorite songs. I just love too many of them. However, I can pick what I think are their 10 best songs. I'm basing this on the song's longevity, impact, lyrics, and music. I think it goes without saying that Hotel California is considered the band's best song, so I put that at the top of the list. After that, I'm listing the songs in order of their release rather than try to rate them. So here goes ....

1. Hotel California
    2. Take It Easy
    3. Desperado
    4. The Best of My Love
    5. Lyin' Eyes
    6. Take It to the Limit
    7. New Kid in Town
    8. Life in the Fast Lane
    9. I Can't Tell You Why
    10. Heartache Tonight

Honorable mentions go to Peaceful Easy Feeling, Tequila Sunrise, One of These Nights, and The Long Run because they still get lots of air play where I come from. Now, let the debate begin.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I can't separate 'best' from 'favourite'. This is all subjective and I am not a critic. I suppose 'best' might include the following:

Hotel California
    Desperado
    One Of These Nights
    Get Over It
    New Kid In Town
    Witchy Woman
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Life In The Fast Lane
    Lyin' Eyes
    Take It Easy

I haven't rated these either. I include GOI because the lyric is so invigorating. It states things that many artists at the time were afraid to say, AND it has three guitar solos.

Default Favorite Eagles Songs

My first time here, wanted to thank you for the new site, really enjoying the pics, avatars and banners-not to mention another site for all things Timothy! Since everyone is weighing in on their top 10 picks, thought I'd add mine:

I Can't Tell You Why
    Take It To The Limit
    After The Thrill Is Gone
    Try And Love Again
    Desperado
    Life In The Fastlane
    Heartache Tonight
    Best Of My Love
    Ol' 55
    Do Something

Ok, I have more than 10 top picks, including Victim of Love, Sad Cafe, Love Will Keep Us Alive and Hotel California, of course. Way too hard to winnow my faves down to 10 LOL

BTW, on the topic of Hotel California, my 21 yr old thinks anyone who became a fan because of Hotel California isn't a TRUE fan, they are a "Johnny come lately". LOL Now I didn't add that to provoke anyone, just thought he had an interesting point of view for someone who wasn't even born when the Eagles began!
    We've got to feed the fire, stir the wind....B

I possess the silver bullet to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I think.

That is an interesting point of view your son has, Becky. Does he mean because of the album or the song?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

ok I'll throw in my top ten...

In no particular order

Hotel California
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Lyin' Eyes
    Take it to the Limit
    Take it Easy
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Heartache Tonight
    Desperado
    Do Something
    Tequila Sunrise

Default Hotel California Thoughts

It seems he's met people that think HC is the ONLY Eagles song and have no appreciation for their work. He has a not-so-nice name for them(no, I won't mention it here). LOL He thinks if you only became interested in the Eagles because of HC, you aren't true fans. Kind of funny thinking, I know, cause it doesn't matter how someone was introduced to the Eagles. Their music crosses so many lines and generations, I can't imagine anyone not appreciating them........even those who think HC is the only Eagles song!
    We've got to feed the fire, stir the wind....B

I possess the silver bullet to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I think.