Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in TV Shows

Might have to check that out!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

For those on this side of the Atlantic.... the dance competition Strictly Come Dancing has a movie theme this Saturday night. Tameka and Gorka will be dancing to The Heat is On!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I also posted this in the Famous Eagles fans thread but found out that the University of Alabama's football coach Nick Saban is an Eagles fan as he was on Dan Patrick's radio/tv show this morning!!! During his interview Nick told of when he worked for the Cleveland Browns with Bill Belichick (the current coach of the NFL team New England Patriots) in the 90s and they both used to skip meetings to go to concerts including the Eagles, Joe Walsh, and Ringo Starr, and they are both huge fans of all. There's some articles popping up online about it too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

The Goldbergs used The Heart of the Matter on Wednesday night's episode called "Crazy Calls." It was used towards the last part of the show, and it was playing in the background as Jeff Garlin's character was seeking forgiveness from his dad and there are couple more scenes of forgiveness right after that. Other than the theme of forgiveness, the song also fit in another way, since Garlin and his dad were sending mean messages to each other through their answering machines.

HC HFO version was played on Dancing With The Stars tonight. The couple danced the Argentine Tango to HC. And it was Eagles version playing and not the house band playing or singing it. It was cool to hear HC on DWTS. It didn't hit me that it was Hotel California playing until that famous intro played.

I remember if they ever played an Eagles song on the show, but I think this is the first time. One season they were going to dance to Best of My Love, but that the couple never heard of that song.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-17-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks, Shun, for the heads up! It's my mom's favorite show, so thankfully, there would be no way I'd be missing that.

That's awesome DWTS did that!!! I haven't watched it in years but I don't remember the early seasons using an Eagles song or their solo songs before either. I also know the UK version "Strictly Come Dancing" used Glenn's "The Heat is On" a couple weeks ago.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Unfortunately the Strictly Heat is On was a cover. To me it sounds lacking in energy. I need to play Glenn to cleanse my brain.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d0P-4p8yzA

My brother and I finally watched a documentary Will Ferrell did last year for HBO that we DVRd when he played for 10 MLB baseball teams during Spring Training and at one point during Will heading between games they played "Life in the Fast Lane"!!! During the credits there was special thanks to the Eagles, Don, and Glenn as well.

Also, another thing on "Gilmore Girls" happened that seemed familiar as I'm midway through season 6 and Lane's band broke up after they got into a fight on stage, and she and lead singer/guitarist Zach broke up. Though I know they'll eventually get back together as a band and Lane marries and has kids with Zach so I know it's not for long. LOL Also loving Sebastian Bach as their band's lead guitarist.
    ~*Amanda*~

"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" had a shoutout last night as they time traveled back to the Old West. The show features various DC Comics superheroes and characters and their first episode in the time period last season reminded me of the "Desperado" album. Last night Brandon Routh's character Ray Palmer/The Atom was talking to Nick Zano's character Nate Haywood/Citizen Steel about their first time in the Old West and how Ray pretend to be a sheriff and caught a real Desperado. Nate excitedly says "Like the song!" as he's so excited to explore this time period (he started out as a history researcher before he got powers). They're such nerdy characters it was so funny and cute.

Later Sara Lance/White Canary, who is in charge of the group now, has Ray, Nate, and Jefferson Jackson/Firestorm instead of playing cowboys pretend to be IRS agents to stop the Trunbull gang and get info on what they're hiding. Nate's sad and says "But I wanted to be a Desperado." LOL Later Nate, Ray, and Jefferson do get to play cowboys again and end up saving the day and helping Jonah Hex to stop Trunbull.

Meanwhile Mick Rory/Heatwave is pretending to befriend Trunbull and keeps winning at the card games. Amaya/Vixen confronts him and Mick reveals he's been cheating so he always wins. LOL

On a side note Brandon Routh reminds me of Jackson Browne and he's the one I've been fancasting as Jackson in an Eagles biopic. This episode also aired right after one set in 1987 and paid homage to "Miami Vice" which Glenn wrote songs for and guest starred.
    ~*Amanda*~