Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Well, now we have an actual instance, not a "what if" -

On Ticketmaster, Timothy's new solo shows are listed as "TIMOTHY B. SCHMIT of the Eagles" - like, that's the official name.

I don't know what to think. Personally, I don't think its necessary, he has a group of fans who know who he is and I'd like to see him stand on his own. Sort of sounds like something Felder would use! Maybe it's just how the venue decides to promote it, it's not Timothy's own styling.

And they spelled his last name wrong on two of the postings.

The only thing I would be interested in would be a "tribute" concert for Glenn...sort of like "Concert for George"...other than that, I would probably see Don solo but that would be it...just my opinion..

Stuck on the Border

Clarification from Don:
    Henley said that while there will be plenty of Eagles songs in his solo tour of arenas and wineries when it comes to Australia in March, he was adamant that without Frey there is no future for the band. He also hosed down speculation that Frey’s son, Deacon, could potentially replace his father in the Eagles line-up.

“I’m sorry I brought that up,” he said. “The press took it, made a whole big deal of it, but there is nothing like that in the works. I haven’t spoken to his son about that. His son is quite talented — but he is only 22 years old so there are no plans in that regard.”
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/entert...c3041b92c5f604

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Finally, what most of us thought! The press blew it all out of context!

This part makes me wonder when this ever happened!

“We do all hits of course, but we also do some deep album cuts and some unexpected things, songs we haven’t done since maybe the late ‘70s. This band is capable of pivoting on the spur of the moment and I can call out surprises — we don’t do the same thing every night."
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

The Last Resort, Wasted Time and Best Of My Love was a surprise. Even though he had The Last Resort in his setlist since his European tour, WT and BOML was thrown in almost at the end of the tour. I'm glad he's changing his setlist around. He did drop All She Wants To Do Is Dance at a few shows and I'm surprised he did that.

I wonder what songs he will put into the show. Is he going to do a Glenn song even though he said he wasn't? Before I get jumped on. Disclaimer. I'm not saying he's going to do that. I've listened to a concert where he did sang Already Gone and Lyin' Eyes(heck the whole show was very different and I think that's my favorite Don solo bootleg), but I know he's probably not going to touch any of Glenn's song which I understand. Its different now then it was when he did it 23 years ago. Joe and Timothy will probably do that or are doing that with Take It To The Limit and Peaceful Easy Feeling.

I wonder what other Eagles songs that hasn't been played in concert(his solo show and/or Eagles show) that hasn't been played since the 70s. I really can't think of any.

Unless its songs the Eagles never played with the backup musicians who've been with them since 2001(except Scott since he's been with them since 1994), I think some Eagles songs won't be a problem for them to play at the spur of the moment especially if they played it on the HOTE tour or other tours. They probably will have to change the arrangements around now that its only Don and them singing them.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-16-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I wonder what songs he will put into the show. Is he going to do a Glenn song even though he said he wasn't? Before I get jumped on. Disclaimer. I'm not saying he's going to do that. I've listened to a concert where he did sang Already Gone and Lyin' Eyes(heck the whole show was very different and I think that's my favorite Don solo bootleg), but I know he's probably not going to touch any of Glenn's song. Joe and Timothy will probably do that or are doing that with Take It To The Limit and Peaceful Easy Feeling.

I wonder what other Eagles songs that hasn't been played in concert(his solo show and/or Eagles show) that hasn't been played since the 70s. I really can't think of any.
    Get out! He sang Already Gone and Lyin Eyes? I never knew that. Was this in the 80s? I know some songs that haven't been performed by the band since the 70s are Tryin, Certain Kind of Fool, Too Many Hands, Earlybird, Twenty-One, Get Up Kate and Journey of the Sorcerer.
    Disclaimer: I am not saying Don should or will be or could be considering performing these songs. I'm just trying to answer Shun's question. Though it would be fun to see Don and his band break into JOS.

Edit: oops, I forgot about Nightingale, that's another one.
    Last edited by Delilah; 11-15-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Get out! He sang Already Gone and Lyin Eyes? I never knew that. Was this in the 80s? I know some songs that haven't been performed by the band since the 70s are Tryin, Certain Kind of Fool, Too Many Hands, Earlybird, Twenty-One, Get Up Kate and Journey of the Sorcerer.
    Disclaimer: I am not saying Don should or will be or could be considering performing these songs. I'm just trying to answer Shun's question. Though it would be fun to see Don and his band break into JOS.

Edit: oops, I forgot about Nightingale, that's another one.
    Oops. I'm sorry. I just looked at the setlist of the concert I was talking about. He didn't sing Lyin' Eyes, but he did sing Already Gone. I thought I heard audio for Lyin' Eyes, but it was Already Gone I heard audio to. It was in 1993 at Jones Beach Theater. He played a lot of rare Eagles songs he doesn't play in concert: Best Of My Love, The Last Resort, and The Sad Cafe. Well rare back then since Don added BOML and TLR in his setlist this past tour.

He might put The Sad Cafe in his setlist. When was the last time that was played at an Eagles concert.

ETA: I just looked it up again and Don did sing Lyin' Eyes at one of his concerts in 1993. It was a show in Illinois and WI(probably more cities because some setlist were not online. He sang Already Gone at a few shows, but only Lyin' Eyes once. So I was right. I did hear an audio of Don singing Lyin' Eyes.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-16-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

well of course the press takes his words and twists them around and makes it a big deal. they have been doing that a lot lately. ugh

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Finally, what most of us thought! The press blew it all out of context!

This part makes me wonder when this ever happened!

“We do all hits of course, but we also do some deep album cuts and some unexpected things, songs we haven’t done since maybe the late ‘70s. This band is capable of pivoting on the spur of the moment and I can call out surprises — we don’t do the same thing every night."
    I feel I should point out that this is identical to an interview he did before his European tour & people commented on this back then, too, saying 'when does he ever just decide to just do a song on the spur of the moment'.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I know, Fp... just sayin'
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten