Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    My Dad just told us this morning about this Old West festival he found out that's going on close to Cincinnati and now we're planning on going next weekend or weekend after. Pretty much it's exactly like the Renaissance Festival but it's all Western themed and there's going to be people dressed up as cowboys, gunslingers, lawmen, etc. and reenactments and music. They even made a Dodge City replica and all I can think of it sounds like the "Desperado" cover photo shoot. My Dad is so excited about this and I'm looking forward to it.
    That sounds like so much fun. Are you dressing up? I was a cowgirl two Halloweens ago, so I'd be ready to go if they had an Old West shindig in my town (not bloody likely, ever)!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That sounds like so much fun. Are you dressing up? I was a cowgirl two Halloweens ago, so I'd be ready to go if they had an Old West shindig in my town (not bloody likely, ever)!
    I'm hoping we're still going as this weekend is it's last till next year. LOL But I do have a cowgirl hat and would totally dress up if we do.

Kim, that's awesome. Love when stations do weekends like it.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I just caught an episode of The Andy Griffith Show titled "Mountain Wedding", featuring the Dillard brothers as the Darling family. One of the Dillards is Doug Dillard who taught Bernie the banjo and was his band mate in Dillard and Clark (the band that originated Train Leaves Here This Morning).

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Yep, I saw that listing and remembered Don H's anecdote about Doug's jealous girlfriend driving the front of her car into the Troubadour, is that how it went? c

Happy Halloween, everybody on The Border. Got my cowgirl outfit on today.

Yep, NMB, you have a good memory. I had to look it up--it's on p. 185 of Marc Eliot's "To The Limit":

"Those were truly great times, like when Doug Dillard's girlfriend tried to run him over in front of the club. He was with another woman, or had been, or something, and she drove right into the front window of the Troubadour trying to hit him"-Don Henley

There was a fair amount of Bernie Leadon and Doug Dillard content in John Einarson's 2005 biography of Gene Clark. Dillard was a huge influence on Bernie; the latter basically hunted Doug down and said, "Teach me everything you know!" about the banjo.

I follow actor Sam Heughan from "Outlander" on Twitter and he tweeted earlier that he's at an estate/hotel and golf resort in Scotland called Gleneagles. Not only did the name catch my eye but that our Glenn loved golf too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I was watching a panel discussion about presidential transitions on C-SPAN and one of the panelists was named David Eagles.

I was at the Cleveland Cavilers basketball game last night and one of their players has the last name Frye and it's pronounced like Glenn's.
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border

I'm reading a crime book set in LA. It has a rich industrialist with a young and beautiful mexican wife who's cheating on him with a young and handsome mariachi. This ends with murder rather than a song.