Page 183 of 301 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I understand, VA. And I'll just leave it at that, but I do want to post this hilarious photo - it's from an article commenting on the policy, used as an illustration of what to do during ballads:

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/...-an-Eagles-gig

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

That picture is hilarious.

I think their message is intentional and strategic - the guys know that probably 90% of ticket revenue comes from people who are over 45 who do not want to stand for 3 hours at a rock concert. The message is that their show is meant to be enjoyed like a performance you would enjoy at the symphony or opera or even on Broadway. There may be a point where the music gets rockin' and the audience stands, but otherwise, it is "an evening of music with the Eagles." It is not a Katy Perry or Justin Timberlake concert, the same rules do not apply. You can expect to be comfortable and not bothered by your neighbors. They need to keep the oldsters who can afford the tickets comfortable and coming back show after show. (And yes, I know there are many of us who are not oldsters, especially not me ) Unfortunate, though, that the message seems to be so "strong" Down Under, don't know what happened there.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    That picture is hilarious.

I think their message is intentional and strategic - the guys know that probably 90% of ticket revenue comes from people who are over 45 who do not want to stand for 3 hours at a rock concert. The message is that their show is meant to be enjoyed like a performance you would enjoy at the symphony or opera or even on Broadway. There may be a point where the music gets rockin' and the audience stands, but otherwise, it is "an evening of music with the Eagles." It is not a Katy Perry or Justin Timberlake concert, the same rules do not apply. You can expect to be comfortable and not bothered by your neighbors. They need to keep the oldsters who can afford the tickets comfortable and coming back show after show. (And yes, I know there are many of us who are not oldsters, especially not me ) Unfortunate, though, that the message seems to be so "strong" Down Under, don't know what happened there.
    Nothing happened in 2010. You have seen some of my photos, I take it? I took a huge number of them. There were absolutely no problems & dare I say it, one Eagle in particular seemed to enjoy the fact that I was taking his photo so often (the evidence is towards the end of his photo thread). Since 2010 their policy on this appears to have hardened significantly, and they now want us to know it. At this stage it seems unlikely that I will be able to take any photos. However I do note that Don said something about not minding the occasional still photo; it's the constant filming he hates.

What I don't do is stand up unless others do & at an Eagles show it really doesn't bother me. I have also never attempted to take video.

I would say though that I wasn't supposed to take photos of solo shows here either, but at the Opera House everyone did & nobody tried to stop them.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I am referring to this week's Australian newspaper articles re: the HoTE tour in 2015 - specifically the link that Soda posted above. I don't know anything about articles from 2010 announcing that tour or what Don Henley's message to fans was at that time.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I am referring to this week's Australian newspaper articles re: the HoTE tour in 2015 - specifically the link that Soda posted above. I don't know anything about articles from 2010 announcing that tour.
    I know that but when you said 'don't know what happened there' I thought you might want to know how things went on the previous tour as far as taking photos went. I don't see the Australian press stuff as particularly different from what has been said by them in the recent past about this.

My point is that it appears this tour will be much stricter & less fun than 2010 was, in line with the rest of the world.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I've had a lot of fun at all of them, but then, perhaps I'm an 'oldster'! No comments, please...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Good to see Glenn doing some press. Usually Don seems to handle it, and while Don is quite well-spoken of course, he also has a tendency to be a bit grumpy-sounding and display an old-fogey attitude that is decidedly uncool...

.... but Don wants to talk about the Eagles' concert rules and his scorn for those who disobey. He needs to FREAKING LET IT GO.
    Hahaha I've noticed this too! I love this rant. Right on. And yes we still love you Don!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Austin..I love your current Joe signature photo!!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Some guy from Forbes magazine finally got around to watching HOTE. Here is his review :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhend...of-the-eagles/