Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh and Eminem

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joe Walsh and Eminem

Nobody has mentioned that Eminem was born in 1972 & LBG was first released in 1978. It would make it rather hard for LBG to be stolen from an Eminem song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem

Regarding Sir Paul the New album (that's it's title) is worth hearing.

Presumably all this hostility towards an artist choosing to collaborate with someone younger won't be directed towards Don Henley whose new album supposedly features a series of collaborations.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Nobody has mentioned that Eminem was born in 1972 & LBG was first released in 1978. It would make it rather hard for LBG to be stolen from an Eminem song.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem

Regarding Sir Paul the New album (that's it's title) is worth hearing.

Presumably all this hostility towards an artist choosing to collaborate with someone younger won't be directed towards Don Henley whose new album supposedly features a series of collaborations.
    I didn't even think about that, FP!
    Regarding Paul, like I said above, I'm not a big fan. I prefer his work with Wings.
    I have no problem with collaborations. I find them cool and different usually, especially if the artists are from 2 different musical backgrounds. For example, I love the song that Def Leppard did with Tim Mcgraw, Nine Lives. I just have personal reasons to dislike anything Kayne West does.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I disagree a bit. I think that people will remember Kayne because of the antics he's pulled.
    Maybe, but that's not something that someone should want to be remembered for. LOL... Certainly not his music.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Maybe, but that's not something that someone should want to be remembered for. LOL... Certainly not his music.
    Lol, true. I was trying to be humorous with my response.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Fair enough, but at least it's not Kanye. I despise that man, along with all of the Kardashians.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I'm not a big Beatles fan (*ducks*), so I don't keep up with Paul all that much. *he is my favorite out of the 4, though )
    To quote Glenn, you are not alone! One of the three bands I cannot abide, along with Iron Maiden (save some of their early work with Paul DiAnno) and AC/DC. That said mind, I have a lot of time for George Harrison; seems to be the only one of the four with universal adoration.

Still, I'd have them any day of the week over Mr. West's musical outputs

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    To quote Glenn, you are not alone! One of the three bands I cannot abide, along with Iron Maiden (save some of their early work with Paul DiAnno) and AC/DC. That said mind, I have a lot of time for George Harrison; seems to be the only one of the four with universal adoration.

Still, I'd have them any day of the week over Mr. West's musical outputs
    I love both ac/dc and Maiden (except the Blaze records). They're 2 of my favorite bands. I'd even take The Bee Gees over Kayne (I don't like them at all). George Harrison is cool, though.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

There are few things quite as dangerous for old rockers to do as to attempt to stay 'relevant', they usually end up coming across as really uncool in that disco dancing Dad sort of way. I'm glad that the Eagles by and large have avoided this. Paul McCartney is guilty of this although I think U2 are probably the worst offenders - just look at their now infamous iTunes release, the slightly increased sales of their back catalogue were not worth the backlash or the (IMO probably irreversible) damage to their reputation, it may have made a few new fans but I know it made plenty of non-fans as well. I'm absolutely fine if they continue to release new music by all means, but they shouldn't expect the world to care simply because of who they are, rather than because of the music.

All I will say about Kanye West is that I can't stand him or his music, but don't really care or think about him much, I'm not exposed to much of it these days anyway. The Paul McCartney Twitter thing was both funny and sad at the same time really, kind of sad because of how ignorant people were, funny because of who it was (surely most of those people had heard of The Beatles, or at least a song by them?).

I agree about George Harrison - he was a great talent and could have been the star in most other bands. I have a lot of admiration for him as a musician and songwriter, which is more than I can say for Ringo 'Octopus's Garden' Starr (although I must say I certainly enjoyed his narration for Thomas The Tank Engine as a child. Probably the best thing he ever did TBH ).

AG95, have you ever heard The HeeBeeGeeBees 'Meaningless Songs (In Very High Voices)'? I think it's a funny parody of the Bee Gees style, the vocal melody even sounds like something they'd come up (although the Bee Gees themselves were not best pleased with it).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    There are few things quite as dangerous for old rockers to do as to attempt to stay 'relevant', they usually end up coming across as really uncool in that disco dancing Dad sort of way. I'm glad that the Eagles by and large have avoided this. Paul McCartney is guilty of this although I think U2 are probably the worst offenders....

Nah... Elton John

I agree about George Harrison - he was a great talent and could have been the star in most other bands. I have a lot of admiration for him as a musician and songwriter, which is more than I can say for Ringo
    The Beatles were rubbish until Ringo joined them. Ringo and Joe made the great album, Old Wave in 1983

AG95, have you ever heard The HeeBeeGeeBees 'Meaningless Songs (In Very High Voices)'? I think it's a funny parody of the Bee Gees...
    I thought The HeeBeeGeeBees were a bit embarrassing but I loved Kenny Everett's Bee Gees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOIRgSAotY0

Thanks JCL

from Wikipedia:
    "So Far" features samples from the Joe Walsh recording "Life's Been Good" and contains excerpts of "P.S.K. What Does It Mean?" as performed by Schooly D, as well as "the Real Slim Shady" and I'm Back by himself.
    I don't know where the other samples come in, it's practically all Life's Been Good to me. I hope Joe gets the largest slice of the royalties. So Far is plainly,Life's Been Good with Eminem rapping over it, just like American Wedding was Hotel California with Frank Ocean singing over it.

Has Elton sang with Mr. Ocean yet?

AG95, have you ever heard The HeeBeeGeeBees 'Meaningless Songs (In Very High Voices)'? I think it's a funny parody of the Bee Gees style, the vocal melody even sounds like something they'd come up (although the Bee Gees themselves were not best pleased with it).
    No, I haven't heard them. This is first time I've ever heard of them. I'd probably like the parodies.
    -Kim-