Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jennifer Meisner is (apparently) writing a book

Default Re: Jennifer Meisner is (apparently) writing a book

I would like to see a book Jennifer wrote, but I'm sure it would be pretty conserative speaking since Randy is the father of her children and she wasn't with him a lot on the road. But most likely a good read.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Jenn is very supportive of Randy particularly with his health not being good.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I think her book should be really interesting. I wondered how the wives of these guys handled things that were seemingly pretty outta control.
    How would you feel if married to one of these guys about those 3E parties??? Yikes, I don't think I could have possibly handled it... No matter how much you love someone, there is just so much a person could take of that kind of behavior!

Quote Originally Posted by bttncrt View Post
    I agree ... dirty laundry, no ... but to write a completely unbiased account is almost impossible for anyone to do. I'm sure Jennifer would mention the loneliness, frustration, and hurt that would inevitably accompany marriage to a largely absent husband/father musician. One wonders why Randy's wife and children didn't move to L.A. so the entire family could be together more often, but perhaps family ties and support, an established home, and schooling, among other things, kept them in Nebraska, or maybe neither of the parents wanted their children to be raised in L.A.

I've never read one word of complaint by Randy toward Jennifer before, during, or after their divorce, so perhaps it was an amiable, though undoubtedly painful, parting. Randy did not contest forty per cent of his royalties going to Jennifer, though he did refuse to pay taxes on those royalties assigned to his ex-wife, stating that she was responsible for paying her own taxes on her own income, when Jennifer had unsuccessfully sued Randy to do so. Hopefully this situation did not remained contentious.

I'm hoping that Jennifer will give readers an idea of what the younger Randy was like -- the man, the person, not just the "rock star." He does seem like an extremely sweet, gentle man, and he and Jennifer were high school sweethearts who remained married for a remarkably long time, especially considering the circumstances involved. I'm delighted to hear that one of their sons will also assist in writing this book, and hopefully their other children, grandchildren, family members, friends, colleagues, and fellow musicians will make contributions too.

If anyone hears when the book is to be published, please let us know!

Bettina C. (bttncrt)
    Agree with you, I'll bet it will show the Non rock star side, hopefully, it's probably cathartic for her and her oldest son. I'll probably read it.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

I wonder if the book is still in the works. The initial post in this thread, advising us about the book, was posted in 2011.