Page 59 of 140 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. Some of you may know my father died on Tuesday afternoon so it's been pretty intense.
    GA - Please accept my deepest sympathy to you and your family. Having lost both my parents I know what a sad, difficult time it is for you all. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm so sorry GA. Sending thoughts and prayers.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

GA, sad news. Look after yourself and it's ok to feel however you feel.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Sorry about your dad, GA.

I don't think I've been on here since June, and alot has changed since then.

I finally got my driver's license in August, which means I was free to go to college on my terms since my grandmother has given me her car to use as I please (within reason). I said "was" because my mom moved in with her fiancee 3 weeks ago. I'm now living on my own amd learning how to juggle college and household chores, although I do spend alot of my time at my uncle's.

A few weeks ago, I had an appointment with an orthopedist. I was having ankle pain and trouble walking because of my cerebral palsy. My orthopedist told me that surgery is the only option because it's permanent. The only problem is the recovery period. I can't do college and recover, so I'll have to wait until Christmas break to have the surgery. Until then, I just have to hobble around and wear an ankle brace for support.

College is going great, although I do have a B in class that will probably stay a B because it's an online class, which I hate. I like the class, Sociology, but online learning just isn't for me. I've been elected president of three clubs, History, Political Guild, and Ally Outreach(LGBT). I'm going to four conferences this school year, Washington DC, and I may possibly briefly meet Pres. Jimmy Carter after one of his Sunday school classes.

My bond with four of my professors is growing stronger. It's very likely that my college will get a BA history/government program next fall, in which case, I'll enroll in it. Three of the four professors teach history or government. I have really bocome close to two of them, sort of like an adopted child.

I enjoy most of my classes, except for signing up for two literature classes in one semester. That huge amount of reading has lessened the joy I get of out of reading.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. Some of you may know my father died on Tuesday afternoon so it's been pretty intense.
    I'm sorry to hear that, GA. You and your family have my condolences.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

AG - Oh my gosh - that is a lot on your plate for one semester. I am so sorry to hear about the need for surgery.
    I always loved my poli sci/ gov. classes - it was one of my majors. I could never have taken an on line class - if they had them then-lol. I always liked the class room experience interacting with the class and professor.
    Good Luck this semester - it sounds like you have it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    AG - Oh my gosh - that is a lot on your plate for one semester. I am so sorry to hear about the need for surgery.
    I always loved my poli sci/ gov. classes - it was one of my majors. I could never have taken an on line class - if they had them then-lol. I always liked the class room experience interacting with the class and professor.
    Good Luck this semester - it sounds like you have it under control.
    I love my political science professor. He's a combination of intelligent, nutty, crazy, and loveable. He's one of the two that I have become the closest to, and he really helped me come out of my shell. I've taken the only 2 classes with him that I can, until the 4 year program is implemented. I should be doing a conference with him in November in Savannah, GA. I plan on minoring in political science.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border

Have a wonderful time in Savannah in November. I can't believe you can get the chance to meet Jimmy Carter ! So cool - not many people can say they met a former president. I have read he is very nice and approachable - if you can get past the S.S.
    What will your major be ?

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Have a wonderful time in Savannah in November. I can't believe you can get the chance to meet Jimmy Carter ! So cool - not many people can say they met a former president. I have read he is very nice and approachable - if you can get past the S.S.
    What will your major be ?
    Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it. This will be first academic conference of any kind. I'm only a sophomore. Most students don't start doing this until their senior year or grad school, so it's an amazing privilege to be able to do this so young.
    I live only a hour from Plains, GA. My history professor has done this before, and he wants me and a few others to do it before Pres. Carter is no longer able to.
    My major is history, so it's a good combination since history and political science are so intertwined. I'll do a history conference in the spring in Tallahassee, Florida.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 09-22-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    -Kim-

AG95, sorry about your ankle, but your life, otherwise, seems to be improving by leaps and bounds!! I couldn't be happier to hear it! We always knew you'd excel, given the opportunity. Much love and best wishes for your very bright future!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you