Page 159 of 195 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

That's nice, thank you. Maybe they'll release the video in a day or two? Maybe?

An excerpt from the article:

King asked Henley what comes to mind when he thinks about the Eagles members, beginning with guitarist Bernie Leadon.

“Really great. Really great musicianship. A guy who did not like fame at all,” Henley said.

“Randy Meisner?” King asked.

“Very sensitive guy, very talented, a farm boy like me,” Henley said. “He was the only guy who could sing that high.”

“Don Felder?” King asked.

“Incredible guitar player, yeah,” Henley said. “One of the best in the business.”

And Joe Walsh, Henley said, was also an amazing guitar player.

“And a very funny guy. You know, he bought a lot of good humor and he was sort of the wild card,” Henley said.

King saved Glenn Frey for last, who died in January.

“What you would have to say about him?” King asked.

“He was a very dynamic individual. He came up like I did, playing in rock and roll bands starting in high school,” Henley said. “We understood each other. We both loved cars. He had an old ‘55 Chevy named Gladys that we used to ride around in. And we were just – we were a good fit, you know. I had strengths that made up for his weaknesses, and he had strengths that made up for my weaknesses.”

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just listened to the podcast. Great interview, only audio, but can't wait to get home and watch it on tv.

Don, I don't care what you say, you permed your hair back then. You could tell that Gayle didn't believe him either.

In this podcast nothing was mentioned about any of the guys other than Glenn and he didn't say anything about the KCH.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

And TBS gets no respect.
    Thanks a lot, Gayle.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

The part where Gayle had Don talking about the guys was in the video interview they showed on CBS This Morning. It should be on CBS' website tonight or tomorrow. I was hoping the podcast would mention Timothy but guess it didn't. Sounds like it was somewhat different too than what aired on TV. That is funny about Gayle asking about a perm. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    And TBS gets no respect.
    Thanks a lot, Gayle.
    it figures...

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    And TBS gets no respect.
    Thanks a lot, Gayle.
    Ditto

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's too bad she left out Tim. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

Very nice interview otherwise. I do wish they had talked a little more about the KCH though.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    That's too bad she left out Tim. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.

Very nice interview otherwise. I do wish they had talked a little more about the KCH though.
    I think this interview was already taped way before the KCH and that's probably why Don didn't say anything about that night. I am happy that they included footage from that night.

Both interviews were great,

How uncool that TBS wasn't mentioned.

I am so glad DH finally threw some well deserved praise towards Felder. Made me happy to read that.

Here's the article about last night's event.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...212-story.html

It was evident in the show’s lineup, which featured Eagles founding member and songwriter Don Henley as well as fellow singer-songwriters Jackson Browne and J.D. Souther, singer Aaron Neville, multi-instrumentalist David Lindley and latter-day disciples such as country singer-songwriter Brandy Clark, rocker Grace Potter, Guatemalan singer Gaby Moreno, L.A. indie-rock band Dawes and Southern California roots-music champions fiddler-singer Sara and guitarist-singer Sean Watkins.
    Ronstadt’s ear for first-rate material was apparent Sunday in the renditions of signature songs from her wide-ranging repertoire. They spanned the aching beauty of the song Henley identified as his first collaboration with his late songwriting partner Glenn Frey, “Desperado,” as well as Kate and Anna McGarrigle’s haunting “Heart Like a Wheel.”
    As was often the case Sunday, Henley pointed out the game-changing effect Ronstadt had on the careers of so many aspiring songwriters when she turned her attention to one of their songs.

“This song got very little notice when it came out on our second album in April of 1973,” Henley said of “Desperado.” “When Linda recorded it and put it out on her ‘Don’t Cry Now’ album in September of 1973, everything changed.”
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-12-2016 at 05:46 PM.