Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley at American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX - 22 July 2017

Default Re: Don Henley at American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX - 22 July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    Stevie Nicks

CarolC
    Stevie also came to my mind to be there. Stevie only has one tour date in July and that's at Hyde Park on the 9th.

I have a few people in mind that's going to be there. His family will probably be there to help celebrate his 70th Birthday. I think this is going to be a great concert and party. I wonder if some of the guest will be singing with Don and Don also doing his songs.

When I first heard that Don was going to do another Runaway Tours, I never thought he would do it on his birthday. Maybe I need to start saving just in case Don do another one next year.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

What an awesome way to turn 70! Wish I could be there. All kinds of names are popping into my head. I doubt I can make it work, but you never know. It would be a pretty awesome show. At least he has a Boston show if this doesn't work out for me!

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    What an awesome way to turn 70! Wish I could be there. All kinds of names are popping into my head. I doubt I can make it work, but you never know. It would be a pretty awesome show. At least he has a Boston show if this doesn't work out for me!
    I totally agree with you. I'd love to go to the concert but I would skip the Runaway Tour--too $$. But if I don't make it to Dallas, at least I did get to see him perform earlier this year.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good for Don going all out to celebrate!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Dawn post this in Don's thread. I'm bringing it over.

Ok. Stevie was a giving. Those two always support each other and help each other when it comes playing together. Joe and Timothy will be there to help celebrate their bandmate. Those the only three performers schedule to be there at this moment.

http://www.guidelive.com/music/2017/...y-concert-july
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-25-2017 at 02:41 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

If Stevie's going to be there, so am I. I can't afford the Runaway thing because of some unexpected expenses, but I can get to this concert.

The only problem is that the good seats are pretty much gone at this point and I don't want to pay broker prices.

I'll find a way!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It's really a smart move on either Don or Runaway Tour's end to have this concert open to the public and not just the people going to the Runaway Tour event because if it was only for the people who's paying to be at the Runaway Tour event that weekend of his birthday, they wouldn't fill the place. It would be empty.

I really want to go, but with me having a broke ankle I probably won't be fully heal by then. I hope they put this concert on DVD, but I doubt it.

According to 'Fleetwood Mac News', Joe and Timothy along with Stevie will be some of the special guests at Don's birthday bash concert. If true this will be a very special evening!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Shun - I know you feel your ankle might not be fully healed by the show but I wouldn't let that stop me if everything else worked out. Its still 4 months away. Does the venue have disabled areas?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I was debating on buying tickets for this show. But, no need to now; I just won tickets from my radio station! How cool is that?! Yay me!!