Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley at Hyde Park 3 July (with Carole King)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don Henley at Hyde Park 3 July (with Carole King)

Loving these reviews. I always enjoy the fan perspectives the most, so it was good to hear from you both, EK and Steph. So glad you checked in here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Steph, thanks for your review too! So glad you had a good time and Will was looking good for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Rebel

Great reviews. Thank you!

It's too bad Don and Carole didn't sing at least one song together. They both have such beautiful voices that I have to think it would have been awesome!
    Last edited by maryc2130; 07-14-2016 at 07:27 AM.

Out on the Border

Hi all! Finally got to see Don here in the Uk after 25 years! Got into 'End of the Innocence' on an American trip in the early 90s, it quickly became a favourite album of mine. Always wanted to see 'Don' live, having seen him with the Eagles several times now. He didn't disappoint!
    Do have to say I thought the concert was too quiet. I started off right over to the left hand side and was struggling to hear, but the closer you moved in the better it got. Most of the crown was really there to see Carole King but I think even the non fans enjoyed it more and more (even the guy close to me who told his wife he was 'the drummer in the Eagles'. Well yes but also lead vocalist and songwriter mate! And haven't you heard of Boys of Summer and New York Minute!!). I have Cass County but am not as familiar with it, so wasn't at all disappointed he stuck to 'classics'. Personal highlights were 'Last Resort', 'Boys of Summer', 'Heart of the Matter' (this song means a lot to me after personal circumstances in the last few years), and to my own surprise 'Everybody wants to Rule the World', a really good cover that the crowd massively enjoyed!
    Thought his voice still sounded great, particularly in the close harmonies with the group. Carole King was also fantastic, so glad I took this rare chance to see the Don and her. Would welcome further feedback from any others who were there, or any other Don Henley fans . 'You keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside, baby'

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DR, thanks for your review and glad you enjoyed the show! It's a given with Don!

And welcome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Des Reynolds View Post
    Hi all! Finally got to see Don here in the Uk after 25 years! Got into 'End of the Innocence' on an American trip in the early 90s, it quickly became a favourite album of mine. Always wanted to see 'Don' live, having seen him with the Eagles several times now. He didn't disappoint!
    Do have to say I thought the concert was too quiet. I started off right over to the left hand side and was struggling to hear, but the closer you moved in the better it got. Most of the crown was really there to see Carole King but I think even the non fans enjoyed it more and more (even the guy close to me who told his wife he was 'the drummer in the Eagles'. Well yes but also lead vocalist and songwriter mate! And haven't you heard of Boys of Summer and New York Minute!!). I have Cass County but am not as familiar with it, so wasn't at all disappointed he stuck to 'classics'. Personal highlights were 'Last Resort', 'Boys of Summer', 'Heart of the Matter' (this song means a lot to me after personal circumstances in the last few years), and to my own surprise 'Everybody wants to Rule the World', a really good cover that the crowd massively enjoyed!
    Thought his voice still sounded great, particularly in the close harmonies with the group. Carole King was also fantastic, so glad I took this rare chance to see the Don and her. Would welcome further feedback from any others who were there, or any other Don Henley fans . 'You keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside, baby'
    So glad you got to see Don live, DR. I saw him twice in Ireland and am still on cloud nine though dying to see him again. I read a review that another member L101 found and the reviewer complained about Don not singing songs from CC and relying too heavily on past solo songs but as you said the crowd were mixed and not all were familiar with Don (shame on them!). How do you think he went down in general - did he convert a few non-believers?

Save
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Welcome, DR, and thanks for your thoughts!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This is getting so annoying - another review complaining that Don is focusing too much on his solo material and not enough on the Eagles material - not sure they understand that it's a Don solo tour ??

" It was a warm, wonderful show on a hot summer’s night and a contrast to supporting player Don Henley’s set. The former Eagles frontman spent too much time on his solo work and not enough on the band’s back catalogue, although he redeemed himself with Hotel California and Desperado – the latter movingly dedicated to fellow Eagles frontman Glenn Frey who died in January."

http://attitude.co.uk/review-stevie-...h-summer-time/
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Well he wouldn't enjoyed the show last year since he didn't have not one Eagles song in his set(well except Seven Bridges Road).

I guess he doesn't get its only Don not his bandmates. At least he put some of the Eagles songs in there.

Can't please everybody.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 07-16-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Border Troubadour

These so-called 'experts' haven't a clue
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...