Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Vocal harmony conbination variations

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Vocal harmony conbination variations

Yep - it was Michael Thompson that appeared on the Inside Job DVD.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

OK. I went looking at a few NKIT clips from different shows and every clip I've seen(even though the volume is mute, I know that's the line they are singing), it looks like Joe does sing the line "but night after night you're willing to hold her, just hold her" and before everybody comes in on "tears on your shoulder." I even look at 1977 DC clip and it looks like he's about to sing that line before the camera pans off of him. SO I think Joe has been singing that line since the song came out. I do hear two different voices harmonizing with Glenn. I know one is Don, but I can hear another voice that maybe Joe's.

I guess if you're looking at the screen, we can't tell that Joe is singing along with Glenn and Don on that line since the camera is on them when they are singing that verse.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 08-27-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post

Anyway, another I inadvertently found the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_sCqtc7nFo#t=156

I think that's the only time I've ever seen a three-part Don-Glenn-Joe harmony. Whether it was intentional or not I don't know as TBS is usually a dead cert for lines like those...
    Interesting. I hadn't really thought about where the guys come in... good discussion! I also just enjoyed listening to my favorite part of the whole song in a new context. (Starting with "There's so many things you should have told her" etc) Such emotional, vulnerable lines.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I also just enjoyed listening to my favorite part of the whole song in a new context. (Starting with "There's so many things you should have told her" etc) Such emotional, vulnerable lines.
    Indeed. For me from 'Where you been lately?' to the end is probably my favourite section of any Eagles song ever. Glenn holding the 'and you're still arooooooooooound' line is absolutely amazing.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Indeed. For me from 'Where you been lately?' to the end is probably my favourite section of any Eagles song ever. Glenn holding the 'and you're still arooooooooooound' line is absolutely amazing.
    The entire song from begnning to end is my favourite Eagles song culmnating in the 'ah-ooooh'. I can't wait to see him sing it again; I haven't seen it since 2004.

I love the last verse, bridge or whatever its called. Love when Glenn hits that high note for around. I kinda hate when he hits that, he sings away from the mike, but you can still hear him. I give him kuddos for still hitting that high note. It has to be hard sometimes.

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

I love Tim's backing vocals in Toto's I Won't Hold You Back. The first time I heard that song, I was like, "OMG, who is doing the backing vocals. Jeez, that sounds like Tim." What a beautiful voice.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Hi, DS. I may be telling you something you already know, but if you are interested in Timothy's singing on other bands'/artists' projects, we have a thread dedicated to just that, here - https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=4776

We talk about Toto and all of the other artists he has sung with. Let us know what you think after reading through it!

Have to give ten thumbs-up here to the breathtaking harmonies on Doolin' Dalton/Desperado they're doing live in the HOTE show. Glenn, Timothy, Joe, Bernie (and I believe Steuart - but I had hard time seeing him) on the last verse backing Don and all of them on the refrain - MEZMERIZING and so hauntingly beautiful! I'm praying they recognize the fans need/want a DVD of this show and don't pass up the opportunity to reward us. They have to realize that despite every showing being a sellout there are so many fans who either can't get a seat or simply can't afford to go. It would be criminal for them NOT to release a concert DVD.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

That's a great thread, Mary. I was just over there. I didn't realise he sang back-up for so many bands and solo artists.