Page 59 of 118 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Oh my! Sturgis?!

I just watched part of a show on the Travel Channel about Sturgis and the Buffalo Chip! I can't imagine her being at that! It's quite the rowdy place! I'm sure she's well seasoned, but still.......
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

They wanted her there to perform her tribute to soldiers, "Soldier's Angel." I'm sure she'll be fine!

Today, my friends and I ate at the Hard Rock Cafe in Denver. There was an entire corner dedicated to Stevie, so we asked to be seated there. Our corner booth was surrounded by Stevie and Fleetwood Mac memorabilia, including a long white dress she wore in 1986 for her DVD filmed at Red Rocks and some hand-written lyrics to an unreleased song. Cool!

And when I looked over my shoulder, what should I see but a portion of the wall dedicated to the Eagles! They had Timothy B. Schmit's bass and an Eagles jacket (the type worn by Felder and Randy in the photo below):

Theirs was signed by Don Henley.

Very cool!

We're leaving for Red Rocks in about an hour. First row... so excited!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hope you enjoyed the show Soda. Can't wait to hear all about it! I'm jealous!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I got back from the concert a while ago, and I can't sleep with all the energy and excitement from the show! It was so amazing, definitely in the same caliber as the Eagles concert I went to over a year ago. Stevie brought such emotion, and her voice sounded perfect. She had a great balance between new material, Fleetwood Mac songs, and 70s solo hits. Before the concert I didn't care for the stuff on her new CD, but the concert gave me a great appreciation for it, especially the song Soldier's Angel (I think that's what it was called). She told a really touching story about why she wrote the song. Every time she opened her mouth, the sweetest, most gracious words came out. You can see the kind of heart she has. And of course she was dancing around the stage with her usual flowing black getup, until she came out to sing Edge of 17... But I'll get to that later

I just about died when she sang Dreams, my favorite Fleetwood Mac song. She also sang Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman. I think those were the only FM songs she did, but correct me if I'm wrong, Nancy

Later on in the show, two microphones were brought to the front of the stage, at which point I figured that it had to be Leather and Lace. She introduced the song by telling the audience she has a big surprise, and she has brought someone special to sing the next song with her. I was beginning to think Don Henley was going to come out and sing Leather and Lace with her... AND GUESS WHAT! I was completely wrong She called her voice coach (I think that's who it was) out on the stage to sing it with her, which I thought was very sweet. Don Henley would have been a lot better surprise

Towards the end of the concert, her two drummers did a fantastic solo percussion session, which built up so much suspense. Then Waddy came out after at least 5 minutes of the drumming, and he started playing that very familiar monotone intro that we all know to be Edge of 17. He didn't go right into the song though, which build up even more suspense. On a side note... It was such a treat to see Waddy Wachtel perform. Now it was probably just my ignorance, but I had no idea he would be playing with her. Anyways, that was so awesome, and he really rocked. Finally Stevie comes out from the back of the stage sporting a whole new white outfit. I'm honestly speechless... All I can say about Edge of 17, is that it was one of the greatest performances I had ever seen, and it just blew me away!

For the life of me I can't remember which song she was referring to, but one of the songs was prefaced with something along the lines of, "This is the only song that I can't remember who I wrote it about. So it shall remain a mystery." I can't remember how she phrased it, but it was pretty funny.

Stevie did a quick mention of her song Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You, which I believe was written about Joe Walsh.

Nancy and I were able to find each other in the swarm of people, and we talked for a few minutes. The show was so lively and enjoyable. It was brilliant. Stevie was brilliant.

I'll try to post some pictures sometime tomorrow

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for the fantastic review, EF! Sounds like Stevie outdid herself! I'm so glad you got to go and I'm so ! I want to see her so bad. Maybe someday!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke, if you watched the shows about Rally, I can certainly understand why you would be amazed at Stevie coming to Sturgis. However, what they fail to really show on those programs is that the Rally isn't only about rowdy drunks and obnoxious bikers. We probably have close to half a million people in the area right now and the biggest majority are polite, intelligent and consciencious people -- bankers, doctors, lawyers and a vast number of deeply Christian folk. The concert venues (there are three) have their share of bars/beer stands (no different than any venue when you think about it). The Buffalo Chip accommodates about 20,000 people for camping and events but that number doubles for the big shows. We've been out for a few shows, went out for Toby Keith lastnight and it was totally awesome and the crowds are SO receptive. We were just surprised that Stevie is 'second billing' with The Jeff Bridges Band. Her website and concert schedule don't even include Sturgis because tickets are only available thru Rally/Buffalo Chip. We're really looking forward to seeing her.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Thanks for your great review! Glas you has a fantastic time!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

I think the song she can't remember who it was about is Secret Love. I will be seeing her in December so I hope it's as good as this sounded.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy seeing her FP, she's fantastic live!!

I just wanted to share a few of my pictures from the concert.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFanatic View Post
    Love this pic!

And on a side note it's nice to see Waddy still playing that old white Les Paul of his. That thing looks really played (and it has been!). He's had that for years now. He also has a nice sunburst Strat he brings out for "Gold Dust Woman" IIRC.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."