Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Tribute Bands

Default Re: Eagles Tribute Bands

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    I would be interested in seeing tribute bands but I am always afraid I would be too critical.
    Don't go with expectations too high I guess. It's just for fun. As long as it's not too expensive. I must admit that when I saw the Alter Eagles at the beginning of the year, I seriously doubted I would ever spend 10x the price to see the real Eagles again (in a huge arena) when I could see these guys locally in a small club. Definitely worth a try.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...called-it.html

Border Troubadour

For any UK based EOCers, these guys might be worth checking out - Talon. They cover pretty much all of the UK (and northern bits of the Republic of Ireland) and apparently a certain Jack Tempchin has said nice things about them once! I'll probably go and see them in Bilston in December, £15 I don't think is too bad, and they certainly seem like a proper tribute act.

Tour dates from present until next summer here http://www.talonmusic.co.uk/talon-on-tour.php

I have an interesting story. I'm kinda paraphrasing it because I could be saying it wrong.

SO I went to see Take It to the Limit: An Tribute to the Eagles show a few weeks ago. Somebody asked(not at my show) if the Eagles seen their show. The lead singer said no, but their road manager was at one of the shows and had Don listening to the show on his phone. Don loved the show and the guy said that Don would send them some stuff. And sure enough Don (or I guess the people working for the Eagles) send them stuff 2 weeks later. I got a picture of the stuff they send.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks shun - would love to be able to get a closer look at all that swag. I wonder what the framed vinyls are?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I have those same framed vinyls. You can get them at the mall - places like "Past and Presents."

Hmmmmm.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

If I remembered what's in there, it was ticket stubs, the guys picks, Hotel California album, the setlist(I don't remember for what tour), Don Felder's book, and other stuff I can't remember. I thought I took other pictures of the display, but I can't find it on my camera or my phone. So I probably just took this picture.

I think one of the small albums was Life in the Fast Lane. I don't remember what the other one was.

Border Troubadour

Went to see Desperado last night then. I'll do a full type up in the morning, but I'm hoping Talon are better next week, not amazed if I'm honest.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Went to see Desperado last night then. I'll do a full type up in the morning, but I'm hoping Talon are better next week, not amazed if I'm honest.
    Sorry you were disappointed. Here's hoping you enjoy Talon more!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I was flipping through the TV channels and came upon an episode of Gene Simmons and his wife getting 11 hours of plastic surgery and I couldn't look away, what a train wreck. Anywaaaayy...the channel was AXS TV, and they have a show called "Greatest Tribute Bands." The third season starts on Jan. 6 and they will be doing the Eagles this season! I don't know which cover/tribute band it will be or the date. I have seen this show once and they actually broadcast it live, which is cool. I will let you know when it will be the Eagles' night!

Thanks for the heads up - I haven't yet gotten a chance to see an Eagles tribute band, and I would love to see what they're like.