Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Phil Collins / Genesis

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Phil Collins / Genesis

A very good song. Not sure if I've heard that before.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

An update on Phil Collins. Despite coming out of retirement, he's taking things very slow. He's also recovering from a broken foot.
    http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news...-going-to-tour
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

He needs to take it slowly, I agree. I got very excited when I saw the photo of him with Mike & Tony. I haven't been posting in this thread especially with recent events but Genesis, Phil & Peter - and Tony- are providing me with a lot of solace.

Not so much Rutherford's The Living Years which I reserve for my father.

Stuck on the Border

You will have to forgive me for reviving this but Phil is playing the Royal Albert Hall next year, as well as Cologne & Paris. How I wish I could go.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03mL5UOPqcY[/ame]

He doesn't rule out doing something with Genesis.

I am still massively into Genesis & the solo work which now includes Hackett & Rutherford as well as Banks. I have all the Gabriel era Genesis albums & all the Collins & Gabriel solo albums (except Collins' Going Back).

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Phil performed In The Air Tonight last night on The Tonight Show. Phil's voice still sounds pretty good.
    https://youtu.be/mjiq0DoSQD8

There was also a short interview.
    https://youtu.be/kLRy_RkoTKA
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I have no idea if this is true but my Dad told me last night he heard on the radio that apparently Genesis might be getting back together for a reunion tour next year and that Peter Gabriel might be with them too. I did a Google and Twitter search and there are rumors out there about this but nothing credible yet besides Phil saying they've been talking about a reunion. I already know Phil Collins was going on tour in Europe next year but hasn't announced any US dates so it's possible if Genesis is getting back together this could be why. If this does happen we're all planning on going if they come to Ohio or somewhere close. It weirdly reminds me of HFO especially if the rumors about Peter being involved are true.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

The last time the "classic five" discussed a reunion the rest of the guys thought the meeting was about when to do it, while for Peter it was about whether to do it in the first place. I don't think there's any bad blood between them that would prevent it from happening, but I'd say we will never see it. Well, I think Peter is also afraid to go back to the situation where he has to face his best friend/worst enemy, Mr. Banks. They are not best friends today, but it has been said that when the guys are together in the same room, they still act like they were - in the good and the bad.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I have no idea if this is true but my Dad told me last night he heard on the radio that apparently Genesis might be getting back together for a reunion tour next year and that Peter Gabriel might be with them too. I did a Google and Twitter search and there are rumors out there about this but nothing credible yet besides Phil saying they've been talking about a reunion. I already know Phil Collins was going on tour in Europe next year but hasn't announced any US dates so it's possible if Genesis is getting back together this could be why. If this does happen we're all planning on going if they come to Ohio or somewhere close. It weirdly reminds me of HFO especially if the rumors about Peter being involved are true.

No, sadly, it isn't true, and I have a very good source from the Genesis message board who confirmed it. I still think it could happen but not with Peter.

Banned

http://www.nme.com/news/music/genesi...lation-2058128

It's no real surprise that Genesis are discussing playing some shows. They've always been lucky enough to have an incredibly loyal fan base. Interesting that it'll be pinned on a 50 year celebration. That hints at a show that'll acknowledge their original incarnation that included Gabriel but was pre Collins and Hackett.

The 2007 shows were great but nothing special in Genesis terms, In the years I saw them live their set list formula was a third new songs, a third hits and a third old classics. I guess I missed them playing a bunch of new material so I hope new shows come with new songs as well as really old songs.

It's still only speculation but you can't write anything off until there is official confirmation to the contrary.

I hope that they remain a 5 peice-ish

Stuck on the Border

This is months old. Rutherford says this sort of thing all the time.

For once I agree with you, especially about new songs. But I basically don't believe it. This has gone on for far too long with Genesis for me to believe anything.