Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Music Documentaries

Default Re: Music Documentaries

I just rewatched the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers documentary on Netflix. It really is well done and I am glad it is available for fans and people who just want to know more about Tom, the band and their amazing legacy. RIP Tom, you will never be forgotten.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Border Rebel

Showtime has been running a documentary called "Eric Clapton: Life in 12 Bars". It's a little over 2 hours long. I caught the end of it the first time and then recorded it. I've watched most of it now. It has lots of early footage including some Beatles stuff. It does go quite a bit into his relationships, including Patti Boyd. There is also a lot of information on all of his problems with addictions and the loss of his son. Some really sad stuff, but ends with him seemingly happy, healthy and content. It is on this morning at 9:45 eastern, but also lots of upcoming dates.

Border Rebel

There is a really good documentary running on one of the Showtime channels called, "If I Leave Here Tomorrow: A Film About Lynyrd Skynyrd." I caught it earlier in the summer and watched it again last night. It has lots of great clips and interviews with band members. Lots of great music too. Gary Rossington, the only original band member left provides lots of insight into the band. Those guys in the band were some wild, rough dudes! If you're into southern rock, the seventies, or guitar playing, I think you'll enjoy it. It's on again this coming Saturday and several more times next week. I've recorded it and will keep it in my "library."

Stuck on the Border

TY Dawn and My My - They both sound very interesting. I don't get Netflix or Showtime. Wish I did...

You are welcome NKIT! Thanks My My. I don't get Showtime either which is a bummer they do have some great documentaries. I do have Netflix. Want to see both of these might have to subscribe Showtime lol!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

The only music documentary I've seen is History Of The Eagles on DVD from my local library but in these past few momths in collecting vintage vinyl records I've come across the musician Townes Van Zandt and have been listening to his albums on YouTube clips, read some articles about him, found out that there is one documentary about him "Be Here To Love Me" and one from the 1970's called Heartworn Highways that features him along with other country artists who were on the outskirts of commercial country music at that time as I like to say. I hope to watch both of them in the coming year and find a few of Townes vinyl records.

Another artist I've gotten into is Gram Parsons. I didn't know of a documentary about him so to the member who has mentioned it earlier ~ thank you! I really like the country rock music of the 1970's and like his solo music albums too.

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I got really excited when I saw a "Rock Legends" documentary on the Eagles on AXS channel, so I recorded it. What an awful and untruthful piece of crap it is!
    The "reporters" had so many facts wrong, it was like watching "fake news". The worst was the guy who said that Glenn went to California with Bob Seger and formed "Longbranch Pennywhistle".
    When I could, I fast forwarded through their BS and just listened to the music.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    I got really excited when I saw a "Rock Legends" documentary on the Eagles on AXS channel, so I recorded it. What an awful and untruthful piece of crap it is!
    The "reporters" had so many facts wrong, it was like watching "fake news". The worst was the guy who said that Glenn went to California with Bob Seger and formed "Longbranch Pennywhistle".
    When I could, I fast forwarded through their BS and just listened to the music.
    Seger and Glenn formed Longbranch Pennywhistle?! LOL! Oh my gosh! Where is the quality control?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

LOL, I watched it tonight.

It was awful.

They kept saying Bernie "Lee-duhn" (instead of leh-duhn) too.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Rebel

There is a new documentary, "The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend A Broken Heart" that will air on HBO this Saturday at 8:00. The trailer looked really interesting! I never owned a Bee Gees album, but I did have the "Saturday Night Fever" soundtrack which was almost a Bee Gees album...