The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Off-Topic Discussion Areas > Singing for the Sake of the Song

Singing for the Sake of the Song Discuss anything related to other music acts, artists, bands, etc.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
alcapone_dudu
Out on the Border

Default New sound: Delicious Grace

Hello guys. First time here. I would like to introduce you to Delicious Grace. It's a musical project where they write their own songs. They are just starting out. The composer is very influenced by The Eagles.

I know it's hard to pay attention to something you don't know nor have heard of but we are trying for one chance. Hope you like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUwFibhINwA

DELICIOUS GRACE - ON MY WAY TO YOU
alcapone_dudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:41 AM   #2
Annoying Twit
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: New sound: Delicious Grace

I listened to your song, and there is promise there but it needs some work. Particularly the vocals.

You certainly are trying to promote your song. You've posted on the Elvis forum that the composer is strongly influenced by Elvis, on the Bon Jovi forum that the composer is strongly influenced by Bon Jovi, on the Morrissey forum that the composer if strongly influenced by Morrissey, and also that the composer is strongly influenced by a band called STP, etc.
Annoying Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
alcapone_dudu
Out on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
I listened to your song, and there is promise there but it needs some work. Particularly the vocals.

You certainly are trying to promote your song. You've posted on the Elvis forum that the composer is strongly influenced by Elvis, on the Bon Jovi forum that the composer is strongly influenced by Bon Jovi, on the Morrissey forum that the composer if strongly influenced by Morrissey, and also that the composer is strongly influenced by a band called STP, etc.
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this. The vocal department is something we're aware of. But at the time of the recording there was only one guy who could do it and he did his best. We'll have more songs out in the near future and I can promise you will sound better.

Yes, we're trying to promote it some way because we believe in what we're doing. We decided to post only in places that we connect to. All those bands you mentioned are connected to this project. There are a lot more!

By the way, STP stands for Stone Temple Pilots. Very good band.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:12 PM   #4
YoungEaglesFan
Border Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcapone_dudu View Post
Thank you for taking the time to listen to this. The vocal department is something we're aware of. But at the time of the recording there was only one guy who could do it and he did his best. We'll have more songs out in the near future and I can promise you will sound better.

Yes, we're trying to promote it some way because we believe in what we're doing. We decided to post only in places that we connect to. All those bands you mentioned are connected to this project. There are a lot more!

By the way, STP stands for Stone Temple Pilots. Very good band.
Itís got some potential. Iíd say mixing the background stuff down a little, mix the vocal and lead guitar higher. I donít know what youíre recording with but I think a more polished version has some future
YoungEaglesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:19 PM   #5
alcapone_dudu
Out on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
Itís got some potential. Iíd say mixing the background stuff down a little, mix the vocal and lead guitar higher. I donít know what youíre recording with but I think a more polished version has some future
Thank you, YoungEaglesFan! I really appreciated what you said.

We recorded this song in a pro-studio but we had to make some changes and stuff so the overdub part was almost homemade and because of that the quality of the audio was affected. That happened because we didn't have much time to use the studio. Almost everything you hear on this song is first take.

As I said before, we are working on more songs and they will sound better.