Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1171

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

She cooperated with the Stephen Davis book?! Color me surprised. She should write her own book.

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

2013 Hamptons Internationalal Film Festival: "An Afternoon With Stevie Nicks" Interview. One of her most candid and enlightening interviews underscoring what a remarkable songwriter, singer and performer she is and that there will simply never be another one like her. She talks about the dynamics of duo songwriting and working with Dave Stewart, touring and how initially Lindsey did not want to join FM and why they ultimately did. Also talks about her long time friendship and song writing collaboration with Mike Campbell.

http://youtu.be/ptghTM218tE
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-17-2018 at 01:01 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I actually went to that and was a member of the audience. It was definitely a good interview because she was so relaxed, and lots of fun (although driving a rental car in New York isn't - never again).

You can read about my experience here.

Thanks for the link!

Note: Since we have a thread that's for Stevie solo, and this was done to promote the In Your Dreams documentary, I moved it to there.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I actually went to that and was a member of the audience. It was definitely a good interview because she was so relaxed, and lots of fun (although driving a rental car in New York isn't - never again).

You can read about my experience here.

Thanks for the link!

Note: Since we have a thread that's for Stevie solo, and this was done to promote the In Your Dreams documentary, I moved it to there.
    Thanks Soda! Stevie did seem relaxed and she looked great I loved the way she interacted with the audience - how cool that you were there!!! As for driving in NYC, you are very brave it's not something I would feel comfortable doing it takes nerves of steel -imho.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

OT: which is scarier (for an American), driving in NYC or driving in the UK? I vote the latter. The roundabouts fill me with dread, and I always seem to be doing the wrong thing: going too slow on the narrow country lanes or going too fast in the village streets. One driver honked at me and a pedestrian banged on my car to let me know I'm a no-good person.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    OT: which is scarier (for an American), driving in NYC or driving in the UK? I vote the latter. The roundabouts fill me with dread, and I always seem to be doing the wrong thing: going too slow on the narrow country lanes or going too fast in the village streets. One driver honked at me and a pedestrian banged on my car to let me know I'm a no-good person.
    Driving in the UK is definitely scarier. You have to go against your natural instinct every time you turn, so you can't relax for a moment, and your sense of space is off so you have a hard time staying in your lane. Plus so many of those roads are so freaking narrow!

By the way, just saw your post at the top:

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    She cooperated with the Stephen Davis book?! Color me surprised. She should write her own book.
    NO, she did not cooperate with that book. He just put together a bunch of quotes from interviews and added in some unsubstantiated rumors to boot. He didn't even get all the details right - her birthday is wrong, for heaven's sake!

It really upsets me that his book, which is full of sensationalized crap, is now being presented as if it's the definitive source of information about her life, and about Lindsey's treatment of her. Articles now use it as "proof" of his "long history of abuse" as if Stevie herself has talked about it to the author, when she herself has only discussed two instances when Lindsey was physical with her publicly. While those instances are bad enough, she has presented them as isolated. That's far from the way the book presents it.

As far as I know, Davis has never even met Stevie, much less worked with her on the book.

Stevie also appears on Sheryl Crow's upcoming album:

I lol'd.

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Love it!

lol! Thanks for the weather report, Stevie!

Although, apparently that isn't true!

https://www.hko.gov.hk/m/article_e.htm?title=ele_00019