Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Another piece of Eagles trivia: Fleetwood Mac played a benefit for the City of Hope, the hospital that cared for Robin, in 1982. Glenn Frey opened with special guest Joe Walsh, and Don Henley performed Leather and Lace with Stevie during Fleetwood Mac's set. It was the only time Glenn, Joe, and Don all performed at the same event in the entire decade.
    That was only two years after The Eagles' official breakup, wasn't it? It really was something to get them together like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Don comes out after that and they do Leather and Lace together, with Fleetwood Mac backing (the only time that's ever happened). She's still struggling but they get through it. On a lighter note, as he comes out, you hear a girl near the taper go "Don Henley - YES!"
    That would've been ME.
    Thanks for putting those up. Their voices really sounded different that night.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Thank you so much for solving the mystery for me. What a sad story, poor Stevie to have lost such a good friend.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Once again you have educated me a little more. What a completely complex woman Stevie is. I can see I really need to start collecting the cds and dvds of her solo stuff .

Ok, I just went on ebay and there are lots and lots to choose from. I need some advice-where do I start? Should I buy greatest hits cds first or is there a particular cd or dvd that I must have?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Kinda random... but I was watching Soundstage last night w/Stevie... it said it was new (200... I have to say, her face looked flawless. Did she have work done? I mean, her skin looked as if she was still 20 years old. She looked fantasic!

I figure she must have had work done to look that good - but hey, as long as it looks natural, I say go for it! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I loved her soundstage performance. It was fabulous. She looks great. I need to see if I can buy the dvd.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border

Soda, I've remembered I actually have a question about Stevie. I once read that the song Think About It concerns John & Christine McVie's marriage and she is telling Christine not to leave. Is this true?

It is indeed about Christine, but she was asking her not to leave Fleetwood Mac rather than not to leave John. Since Stevie was breaking up with Lindsey Buckingham at the same time, she and Christine kind of encouraged either other to "make it alone."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Soda, for a limited time here are a couple of WireImage photos of Stevie doing a book/DVD signing at Barnes & Noble in Chicago. I thought these were the most representative. There are other photos taken with fans.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Those are great, Fp. Are they recent?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten