Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
If you don’t mind my asking, about how many pro shot concerts from the 70s are there and how do you know the Eagles have them?

The “Spread Eagle” videos are home movies taken by the band members (or possibly road crew members) of the various 3rd Encore parties.

I have seen cds from last year’s Grand Ole Opry Concert for sale. It’s a really nice recording. However it’s not an official release—who knows in the future it could be.

I believe one reason the Live album included “Take It to the Limit” was b/c it was such a show-stopper and highlight of the concerts at the time. It would have been a grave omission to not have that critical part of the live experience on the album, even though it was obviously not performed during The Long Run tour. Also, AFAIK, the band did not tour with a string section for The Long Run album (someone correct me if I’m wrong). Therefore, the band used “Desperado” from the HC tour b/c you could hear the strings.

As far as using NKIT from the HC tour, I don’t really know why other than what you say, maybe it was just better than the Long Beach version.
DM'd the list.

Interesting about the home videos. I would personally NOT like to see that at all.

I was talking about the 2001 tour, the first one without Felder. But either way, nothing officially released from LROOE till today. And they won't release it, I'm sure.

I understand TITL. But Desperado, Wasted Time and New Kid in Town were all done in 1979-80. Desperado was common, Wasted Time less. Apparently for example it was done in 1980 Houston. And for New Kid, very rare but done. An example is 1980 New Mexico. But they did not do it in Long Beach. The only HC songs done there were Pretty Maids, HC and Life in the Fast Lane. And those statements about those kinda solidify my point. That these were better off in the HC times than TLR times. That they were inferior to the HC ones. Interesting.