Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
Apparently there was no time to read the thank you note Ray Thomas wrote before he died, or even to say a few words for him, because the Bon Jovi speeches were so long.

So thanks, Jon Bon Jovi, for the detailed lecture about the history of your band. Your life story was, as you clearly were aware, what the evening was essentially about. Very much appreciated. S***w The Moody Blues.
Jeez, I did not know this! I wondered what was up and felt really sad that Ray did not live to see himself and the band inducted into the HOF, though I am glad he was aware of the honor. Ray was such a lovely, dear man, so blessed. He is forever loved and deeply missed.

------------------

In honor of Ray ... from an earlier post of mine

"Thank you for the link FP. I have seen Ray with the Moody Blues a couple of times as well and WILL NEVER FORGET him or his tremendous talent and contribution to the Moody Blues. Ray was a very very special man and while I am heartbroken he has left us I do believe he is at peace.

Here is a short video made in 2013 of Ray singing a bit of Celtic Sonant in a lovely Welsh church with a sweet kitty on his lap. Supposedly this is the same church where he and his wife Lee were married.

"Away we sail, with all our flags flying"

Carry on Ray, the journey continues."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hiEYIPk0pY8

Edited to add:

The Church of the Holy Cross at Mwnt, Ceredigion, Wales, is a parish church and Grade I listed building dating probably from the 13th century.