SS - I read your blog and thought it was very well-written and thoughtful. I think you nailed all of the reasons that the Eagles achieved the mega success that never happened with Poco. My personal opinion is that one of the main reasons may be because of the differences in the way the two bands' personnel changes were managed. IMO, despite all the controversies, the Eagles' personnel decisions were necessary, focused, smart, and appropriate at the times they occurred. I have always believed if they had not shifted musical directions and brought in Felder and Joe, they would not be the legendary band they are today. I love the band's country rock era, but I also love the rockier sound they migrated to. They proved that they could do almost any genre of music at a very high level. But, the bottom line, to quote the members of the band, the primary reason for the Eagles success is simply the songs. I can't really explain all the reasons why - but their songs resonate with so many people on so many levels.