Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Report Board Glitches and/or Ask about board issues

Default Re: Report Board Glitches and/or Ask about board issues

Just got back from church to find it on the fritz again! They keep saying they're working on it... so upsetting to me!

Roey, thanks for your sweet offer! I just get nervous that people will think i am trying to profit off the site.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We know you are not Soda, and if you DO need to change server if you throw up the Donate button again, I'm sure many of us with the means to do so will help you towards it. I know too that you often spend quite a bit on maintaining the Border to such a high standard. And thanks so much for that!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I've finally gotten a couple answers. There has been a malicious attack against our server. They have still not been able to successfully counter this attack. They cannot give me a timeline for resolution, but they do say they are working on it.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Seems to be good to go today. I wasn't able to access it Friday much and was busy over the weekend.

Hopefully it's fixed!

Soda, I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. Thanks for all you and your helpers do.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Starting to lag a little bit for me again

Banned

There is a part of the message board that I struggle to keep up with. I think I've worked out why.

On the On the Road with the Eagles discussion area, The topics with the latest posts do not appear at the top of the page.

I've been documenting Joe's current tour. You'd have scroll past Glenn's page; that hasn't had a post since 09-26-2013, to reach them. I think it may have been better if I posted them in the Joe Walsh, Band Member Discussion Area.

Otherwise, it's an enjoyable breeze reading through all the latest posts... and commenting.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

F50 - I really don't know if there's any way to change this or not. Any of the forums that contain sub-forums work this way (i.e. the Former Eagles and Cheap Talk and Wine forums). The thread with the most recent post shows at the top of sub-forum it is posted in, but the order of the sub-forums remains static. I believe it works this way on all message boards, regardless of which software is used. However, Soda is the technical design guru here so I'll defer to her expertise. So, for organizational purposes, you are posting Joe's show information and reviews in the correct place, which is very much appreciated!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The forums themselves don't change order. In that, they are the same as the main forums. I'm afraid you'll just have to scroll a bit!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I just get nervous that people will think i am trying to profit off the site.
    No one would think that, Soda, absolutely not.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Report Board Glitches

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The features you want can be changed using your settings. I admit it's not very clear!

1. Go to your CP
    2. Select "Edit Options"
    3. Scroll down to "Miscellaneous Options" where you will see "Message Editor Interface."
    4. Using the drop-down menu, select "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing." (For the curious - WYSIWYG stands for "What You See Is What You Get.")

If you've done all that and still aren't seeing the formatting options, it's a board glitch.

I'll investigate making that the default rather than "Standard."

Edited to Add: This has been changed to be the default, so you don't have to do the whole User CP thing unless you want to change it BACK to the plain standard.

Once you do that, you'll also see the smilies on the side.

The reason that the ones you have selected in the past - the ones at the bottom - always go in the title line are because they are "post icons." They are to indicate whether your thread is something you're mad about, happy about, etc. Certainly, in the absence of the smilies on the right due to your standard text editor, it's understandable you'd get confused by that! So, to make it short and sweet:

Smilies at the bottom are "post icons" that go in the title; smilies on the side are the ones that go into your post.
    Since we got Windows 10 I see all the formatting instead of the results; i.e. when I click on a smiley I get the text of it instead of the image & when I bold text I see the B at each end. I have never changed the format from WYSIWYG. This is happening in both Edge & Chrome; we uninstalled Firefox which is the browser I previously used.