Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Chicago

Default Re: Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The story is here, on the right sidebar: http://www.terrykath.com/guitar-player-mag/
    Whoa! LOL...

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh my! Thank you, Soda. No wonder CNN didn't repeat what he said.

Always been a fan of Chicago. That being said, when I saw them about a year ago, I was disappointed to say the least.

Ay caramba. Apparently the documentary that appeared on CNN is generating comment and controversy. Among the complainants, the Washington Post and former drummer Danny Seraphine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.654cb7472622

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/danny...n-documentary/

I'd like to see this, even if it may be biased and self-serving. It's supposed to be on again this Saturday (and it's probably available On Demand).

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Ay caramba. Apparently the documentary that appeared on CNN is generating comment and controversy. Among the complainants, the Washington Post and former drummer Danny Seraphine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.654cb7472622

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/danny...n-documentary/
    Sounds familiar! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I'm probably never going to see it, but I'm very interested in what Robert Lamm says in it. He tends to be very honest in interviews - no bs. What I mean by "honest" is that he tends to support what he feels is the truth - whether it means supporting an ex-member or a current bandmate. I saw a clip from the doc, for example, where he said that he agreed with Cetera in that there didn't need to be horns in every song.

It was supposed to be on CNN last night at 10 Eastern time; didn't they show it? Maybe it's available on Netflix or Amazon.

I find Mr. Lamm intriguing. He came across as a melancholy person in the best sense - maybe thoughtful is a better word. I was interested in him mainly due to his links to the Beach Boys: he was Karen Lamm's first husband (she later married Dennis Wilson - twice), and in the 90s he was in a band with Carl Wilson.

The quote Shun heard was in response to Cetera reportedly saying he never really liked the horns, which was a "FFS!" moment for me. What Cetera said is akin to someone in Led Zeppelin saying they never cared much for guitar solos or heavy drums. I mean, sheesh, that's what your band is known for, so what are you doing there if you don't dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    It was supposed to be on CNN last night at 10 Eastern time; didn't they show it? Maybe it's available on Netflix or Amazon.
    Yes, it was and it apparently got pre-empted by an Obama Legacy special. I realized too late it was shown afterward and I missed the first half. What I did see was interesting, especially since I wasn't familiar with any of the members outside of Peter Cetera and Terry Kath. I'll have to catch it again sometime though to truly appreciate it. I have a feeling it may be like the HOTE documentary in that the first half is the better one.

Yes, I'd agree that the first half is better. Unless one prefers the 80s and 90s songs.

It could be an age thing. When I hear the opening guitar strums of "Beginnings" or the piano intro of "Saturday in the Park," I'm right back to childhood summers. It's not just a nostalgia thing of course - Chicago had so many undeniably great songs, from like 1972 through '78.