Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Prices

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Ticket Prices

I'm pretty much disgusted with ticket prices too. When my husband and I were talking about going to see Fleetwood Mac in Chicago and how much tickets were, we decided to go and it would have to be our vacation this year. We had been fans since the 70's and never gotten to see them, so it was a one time thing for us. When you add the price of a hotel, gas, time off work, and meals to the ticket prices, we just can't afford to do that very often.

I hope to get to see the Eagles on this HotE tour, but it will have to be in St. Louis which is much closer. And then I won't be paying top dollar for seats in the back on the floor. That's ridiculous! I don't know, at these prices, I may not go at all. There's is more to do in life that watch a concert for 2 hours. Once you leave it's over! Yes, you have the memory, but there is a big world to see out there and some of my money is going to go for me to see it. I guess it depends on your priorities.

VA, I understand all the costs involved, but they are pricing themselves out of my market and many other blue collar fans too. Not only the Eagles, but all these bands that are charging these prices. Soon they will only be for rich people, I guess. In my book, they already are.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

$600 to see Bon Jovi seems like an incredible amount.

I think when you factor in all that is involved most prices (Except for the VIP ones!) are probably fair, if a little steep. Taxes of course don't help.

I paid HH a little over $200 for our Taylor Swift seate earlier this year. Considering she is selling out 3 and 4 shows in a venue within 10 mins of going love I consider myself lucky to have gotten them.

I will admit money would not be a factor if Glenn played here. wishful thinking!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

It all depends on market value. When sales go down enough, so will prices. Pleading high overhead costs and "we're forced to charge high prices because we make less in other areas" are just excuses for PR purposes. They will charge what they can get. It's the capitalist way.

As for the cost of touring: Fleetwood Mac is keeping costs down by getting rid of some of the more expensive decorative items. I'd rather pay less and skip the needless high price trimmings that contribute to driving up touring costs. That is just one example. There are many other ways bands can keep costs down and they know it. Excuses, excuses.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    $600 to see Bon Jovi seems like an incredible amount.

I think when you factor in all that is involved most prices (Except for the VIP ones!) are probably fair, if a little steep. Taxes of course don't help.

I paid HH a little over $200 for our Taylor Swift seate earlier this year. Considering she is selling out 3 and 4 shows in a venue within 10 mins of going love I consider myself lucky to have gotten them.

I will admit money would not be a factor if Glenn played here. wishful thinking!

I must really have a magic touch then because I got 2 tix 10th row Floor for Bon Jovi at Met Life Stadium in July for my cousin for $356 all in.
    I had gotten a presale code, though, so maybe that really does make a difference.

Generally, I won't allow myself to spend more than $100 on a concert ticket. I made an exception for the Eagles this time because I've never seen them before and who knows if I'll ever be able to again. They are the ONLY band that I would have done this for.

Fortunately, I managed to see most of the major acts that I wanted to see back in the 80's and 90's for relatively reasonable prices. Having seen them once, I don't need to do it again. Besides the fact that the prices are through the roof, I also lack a good concert buddy to see them with. My husband, bless his heart, will go with me so I don't have to go alone, but I know he doesn't really enjoy live shows.

I've had better luck lately with some of the up-and-coming bands, many of whom are shunning Ticketmaster and selling through their own websites. I got tickets to the Gentlemen of the Road tour (Mumford & Sons, Dawes, and many others) last year for $69. I also saw Florence & the Machine with my girls for $48 apiece. Both shows were among the best concerts I've been to in recent years.

I also regularly see my other favorite band, Carbon Leaf, whenever they're in town. The tickets are sold directly by the venue, usually for less than $40 each.

I wish all ticket prices were kept to maximum $100 to $150. If you're like us and have to get two tickets it gets ridiculously pricey! And yet sometimes we still go for it if we can't hold back. This Eagles tour is like that for us. We feel like we have to go, but can't rationalize putting out $700 to $800 to do it.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I hope this wasn't posted here and I missed it, but I thought this article belonged on here. Good for Kid Rock!
    http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...ticket/275192/

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! That just gave me a new appreciation for Kid Rock and Garth Brooks.

Just goes to show ya........
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Me too! I suddenly love Kid Rock!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

VA, I would like to know how file sharing of music & electronic downloads affects ticket prices to the extent where tickets have gone up like a thousand percent??? People have been downloading for at least 10 years now, so yes, this does cut into sales of albums, but HOW does this justify tickets in the $600- $1000 range for STADIUM SEATS? I'm not talking first few rows here. I'm talking levels up, where you really cannot see, except for the big screen. These stadiums hold what 15,000 to 30,000 seats? I can't even imagine what they take in at a stadium...even with seats in the $150. -$300. range.
    To me it's a matter of pure GREED. They charge as much as they can get away with...
    Aside from the fact that these big acts already have hundreds of millions of dollars, I just don't get that they have to price gouge the public. Really pisses me off.

The concert experience sure isn't the same as it was back in the day. I'm sure glad I grew up when I did; when I was able to go to a concert every weekend...the reefer was passed around, like it was nothing & the security guards didn't care..Ah..Yes, the good old days!