Page 162 of 195 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Over here, Randy isn't a suitable name for a boy, either. I'm not sure if there's an american equivalent - perhaps "Horny"?

Too funny!

It's a hugely overused name here in the US! I alone have a brother, brother in law, niece, great niece, and know of several others. I wonder if they ever think about what their name means?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I seem to remember the British press referring to Prince Andrew as "Randy Andy" back during his younger, free-wheeling bachelor days.

As Brooke said, the name has been quite popular in the U.S.; it's usually short for Randall.

An item popped up today from Rolling Stone about Don playing the MTV Inaugural Ball for Bill Clinton in 1993. Apparently there was a bit of drama!

The relevant part:
    "According to Bill Flanagan's stellar book U2: At The End of the World, Don Henley was none-too-pleased when he learned that the organizers wanted Automatic Baby [U2 and REM] to close out the show.

'[MTV co-founder Tom] Freston goes up to Henley,' wrote Flanagan, and says, 'Look, Don, you do your whole set, close the show, and then after the applause ends these other guys'll come out and do 'One' as a sign off.'

Henley didn't buy it. 'Henley goes pale - he looks shaken,' wrote Flannigan. 'He reminds Freston that he is supposed to close the show. Then he turns, goes into his dressing room and shuts the door. Freston is left staring at the closed door wondering if he should knock, when someone comes up, hands him a portable phone, and says he has a call. Freston says hello and gets an earful of Irving Azoff, Henley's powerful manager, telling him he's made a big mistake and now Don's not going to go on.'

Needless to say, Freston folded and let Henley close out the show."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I saw this on facebook. Don will have his own radio station in Australia.

The Eagle's Don Henley joins smoothfm

Friday 27 January, 2017

Legendary singer-songwriter Don Henley is the latest big name to join the smoothfm all-star weekend line-up. Henley will host his own show on smoothfm from this Sunday 29 January.

The American producer and singer-songwriter is best known as a founding member of the Eagles. The band sold over 150 million albums worldwide and won six Grammy Awards before Henley embarked on a successful solo career.

Henley returns to smoothfm after being involved in counting down some of listener's favourite tracks in the smoothfm Top 500 Countdown, which aired from 22 January to Australia Day, and is thrilled to have the opportunity to return to the airwaves.

Henley said, "1 don't get a chance to talk to my fans in Australia so this is a wonderful opportunity."

Georgie Page, smoothfm Program Director said, "The Eagles are an iconic band and continue to be one of the most successful groups in history. We are thrilled to have Don join the smoothfm family as we know listeners will love hearing his stories.'"

Henley is in Australia performing with an impressive 15 piece band and playing hits from his entire four decade career. smoothfm listeners can see him in action in Sydney at the ICC Sydney Theatre on Friday March 10 and in Melbourne at Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday March 8 with tickets available for purchase from ticketek.com.au.

Henley will also be performing at A Day On The Green at Mt Duneed Estate on Saturday March 18 (ticketmaster.com.au).

Don Henley can be heard on smoothfm 95.3 Sydney, smoothfm 91.5 Melbourne and on smoothfm DAB+ on Sunday 29 January to Sunday 19 February from 4pm.

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/ea...joins-smoothfm © Radioinfo.com.au
    https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/ea...joins-smoothfm

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Cool! Thanks for the heads-up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Here's the link. When the box pop up, go down to Sydney.

In the US, its 12:00am Eastern/11:00pm Central tonight.

http://www.smooth.com.au/smooth
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-28-2017 at 11:30 AM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

I can't believe there hasn't been an interview since January.
    This is a new interview, although it must have been conducted a few weeks ago:
    http://m.nzherald.co.nz/entertainmen...ectid=11817377

Great interview.

Bob Dylan and Don Henley Announce (separate) Summer Tours

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bob-d...ey-tours-2017/

Thanks for sharing. I'm bummed about no California dates. Oh well. Hope the Borderers that go have a great time!