Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Beatles

Default Re: The Beatles

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's not Desperado that has the Day Tripper riff in HFO - it's either In The City or Life In The Fast Lane, I think.
    Of course! "In the City"! Must have been too late (or too early) when I was writing that...

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Oh irga your(and other's) Beatles passion is music to my ears, I too could spend hours talking about them even if my Beatles love is only about three years old!

BTW I saw the "making of" of Beatles Love maybe 2 years ago and I was swept away, would be AMAZING to see the actual show sometime

Stuck on the Border

Also please note the line in my signature comes from one of their greatest songs, Come Together. This won't make sense tomorrow as I will change the signature then!

love your signature Fp! a line well chosen

BTW I saw the "making of" of Beatles Love maybe 2 years ago and I was swept away, would be AMAZING to see the actual show sometime[/QUOTE]

I hope that you will have the chance to see LOVE!

A splendid time is guaranteed for all!

Do you remember the very first Beatles record that you owned? Was it one that youbought? Was it a gift? In 1963, when I was 13, my father came came home from work one day with two 45 rpm Beatles records and handed them to me! The irony of this is that my dad HATED rock and roll music! He happened to be with a friend after a business meeting and after having a bite to eat his friend asked my dad if he minded stepping in the music store because had promised his daughter that he would buy her a record by some singers from England! My dad not having a clue who the Beatles were brought home "Please Please Me"/Ask Me Why and"From Me To You"/Thank You Girl". Both of these records were on the Vee-Jay record label and both were released in 1963 before the Beatles signed with Capitol Records! I had to doa little research to find the year. This predates their first Ed Sullivan Show appearance which as everyone knows was in 1964. Unfortunately Both of those records and several Beatles albums (33 1/3) are no longer in my possession. While I was off at a Boy Scout Jamboree at Valley Forge my sister " loaned" my records to a friend who was having a dance party and I never saw them again!! I think it was 2 years ago when I began speaking to her again!

Stuck on the Border

Yes. Mine was A Hard Day's Night. My uncle bought it when it was released as a present. I was 4 years old. I had no interest in listening to it until I got to my late teens & started listening to the Beatles then (although I was a huge fan of McCartney's Wings work since Band On The Run in 1973 when I turned 13). The album is now one of my favourites - a masterpiece. I also have a very battered mug with their faces & signatures on it from the same era.

The first LP I heard when I was 13 was "Help". Then my craze started and I bought those two LPs:

As you see this was quite a collection of their work across the years. Then I decided I shouldn't limit myself to collections that somebody else created based on their own choices and started to buy records one by one, from "Please Please Me" on. Just for the record, this was a very difficult task as at that time there was hardly anything in Polish stores, not to mention Beatles albums... Anyways, family friends who managed to travel abroad used to bring me Beatles LP every time they were in GB or Germany.
    Those were horrible times (the eighties) here.
    Last edited by irga; 03-10-2014 at 05:49 AM.

Little off-topic, but since this is the Beatles thread at the Border, I'd like to ask if anybody could tell me something about this photo:

All I can see is Timothy having a great time recording with the two other guys, AND - the photos on the walls! Anobody knows where it was taken? (Could it be Timothy's studio?) Who's such a huge fan of John Lennon?
    BTW - what a fantastic photo...

What a great pic! I know Timothy is a Beatles fan but I don't know if he's specifically into Lennon, hmm