Thread: Celebration of Look What I Did!!!

Default Celebration of Look What I Did!!!

I couldn't find the thread of this album. I hope its ok to make one.

Happy 21st Birthday to Look What I Did!. This is mostly a greatest hits album (2 CDs). It also includes a live version of Ordinary Average Guy with Glenn.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-23-2016 at 07:57 PM. Reason: change do to did

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celebration of Look What I Do!!!

The title is Look What I Did.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Look-What-Did-Walsh-Anthology/dp/B000002OVY?ie=UTF8&keywords=look%20what%20I%20did% 20joe%20walsh&qid=1464047150&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1[/ame]

Default Re: Celebration of Look What I Do!!!

Thanks, FP. That was a mistake on my end. I will change the title.

Banned

Default Re: Celebration of Look What I Did!!!

There are a plethora of cut-price Joe Walsh hits compilations that focus on Joe's impressive pre-Eagles output. Look What I Did!, closely followed by the awfully titled single disc, Little Did He Know, were the first CDs to encompass Joe's entire career.

It still leans very heavily on his pre-Eagles material, which made the hefty price tag seem pretty exorbitant at the time.

Not being an american, I felt a little bit excluded by the cover of Look What I Did! and I don't think it's extensive enough to be labelled as The Joe Walsh Anthology
    Despite having a lot of The James Gang songs, there is no fruit from his Eagles labours.
    Running in chronological order, CD1 covers his, The James Gang and Barnstorm albums (1969 to 1973), CD2 covers all his subsequent solo stuff (1974 to 1993), which leaves Joe's, mid to late solo material under represented IMHO. You are well into CD 2 before you hit any post Eagles material. I'd expect the 2 discs to be split into pre and post Eagles or better still, ignore The James Gang tracks altogether, particularly as an excellent The James Gang Remastered Best Of compilation released around the same time.

As a fan of the original Walsh albums, I don't really listen to his compilations. A well chosen compilation album of Joe's patchy 80s albums would be a worthwhile venture but I'm no longer expecting any future digs into that phase of his career. A proper extensive Joe Walsh Anthology, with samples from a selection of all the wonderful artists he's worked with, some soundtrack tunes, live and demo exclusives, is still something I'm hoping to see.

Record companies rarely package up songs from albums that didn't sell well. Just get the CDs from after Joe left the Eagles & you'll be good. I like the 90's stuff a lot better than the 80's but it's all good.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

The last Walsh CD I bought was a double disc of Joe's two 1990's CDS. Both had underwhelming sales success when they were released.

Look What I Did! was a product of the CD age. We're now in the era of the digital download. Compilations tend to be either, no frills hits compilations or, in depth career, or part career retrospectives. I don't think Look What I Did! serves as either.

I think, after 21 years, another Walsh compilation would be the ideal way to kick start Joe's post Eagles career. Now his solo career isn't a sideline to his
    Eagles duties, I do think he needs ti re-establish himself as a solo artist, unless he's not going to (re)form or join another band.