Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

Start saving your $$$, Katherine--that is what I am doing. Every chance I get, I squirrel away a little money for my "Eagles/Henley Tickets Fund." I think the guys ARE going to tour sometime this year, and it is worth every penny to get those really close seats!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Start saving your $$$, Katherine--that is what I am doing. Every chance I get, I squirrel away a little money for my "Eagles/Henley Tickets Fund." I think the guys ARE going to tour sometime this year, and it is worth every penny to get those really close seats!
    Amen to that! Sitting in the first few rows changes the entire concert experience. However, I have to say that once you get to sit up that close, you will get REALLY, REALLY spoiled. We were only able to get sucky seats at the CMAs. That was fine since the guys only performed one song. However, I would probably have been sad if that had been a full blown concert. I guess the bottom line though is that any seat is better than no seat at all. BUT, having said that, if you ever get the opportunity to sit close, do NOT pass it up!!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Welcome, StephUK!

I agree, it's worth it to save the money for the good seats. I'm saving up so that I can buy an "I Love All Access" ticket to one show, at least.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Quote Originally Posted by StephUK
    Another for Will Hollis ....he is just so cutey-cute. I just love him.

So my fave Farewell 1 moments are any shot that Will is in, but especially his beautiful expressions during Lyin' Eyes, Heartache Tonight, All she wants to do.

Steph
    Welcome to The Border from me too, Steph! I have to agree that Will is cute, but I'm afraid the Eagles themselves (especially Glenn ) have ingrained themselves into my heart far too deeply for me to look too much in anyone else's direction!

Okay, I do concede I have one favourite moment that involves someone other than the boys themselves: when Al Garth plays that trumpet intro to "Hotel California", and encourages the audience to cheer when he holds that note, is simply fantastic!
    Just regarding the HC horn intro, that's Bill Armstrong, not Al.
    LOL, FP! I just knew you would pick that up! Your Eagle eyes (pun intended! ) miss nothing.

You're not going to believe this, but after I posted about my Mr Armstrong moment, I wondered whether I had got it right. I watched Disc 2 of F1 that same night, and had a good look at the trumpet player. Sure enough, it was Bill Armstrong, not Al Garth. At the same time I thought, "FP's going to pick up my mistake!" Oh well, as I told Steph, I focus so heavily on the Eagles themselves that I notice little else at times. So I have a good excuse!

On the subject of Bill Armstrong, he has been blessed with a very appropriate surname: I rather enjoy looking at his impressive arms during that trumpet solo too...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border

That did sound a bit anal, I know!

For the record I like Bill's arms too and the way he gestures to the audience.

I'm one of the people who likes the horns, especially on Funk #49. I suppose purists will quibble but I think they add to the atmosphere. Perhaps they shouldn't be on Life In The Fast Lane but there you go.

Anal? Not at all! Correct statements and facts are just important to you, as they are to me too. I completely understand and respect that. I have a huge admiration for your knowledge of the Eagles - I'm just a junior in comparison. On 11 January it will be 11 months since I became an Eagles and Glenn fanatic - and you've been a fan for 28 years! Correct me all you like, FP - it only broadens my knowledge.

I enjoy the horn section in the Eagles' music too. It's very effective and adds more depth. It sounds particularly good to me on "Heartache Tonight", my favourite Eagles song.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I too like the horn section, and the violin. I think it fills out the sound, especially on stage. The alternative is to add more keyboards and generate strings etc that way, but personally I prefer to hear the 'real' instruments(no disrespect to my favourite keyboard player Will of course - what he adds to the sound is valuable without question).
    I'm also a fan of the piano sound, so Mike gets my full support too.

Steph

Default Screen caps from F1

Hi,

Some more of my favourite screen caps from Farewell 1:-

LOL
    Steph

and more......

Steph

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Steph-you have been a busy girl---Thanks again. I absolutely loved the way Timmy looked in this dvd--I do believe it was those jeans
    He sings it high, he plays it low