Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden

Default Long Road Out of Eden

I forgot to mention that on the Official Site there are two more new clips in the player. They are different than the ones previously posted. I'm going to start a new topic for each song, and tis one's for Long Road Out of Eden.

It appears that the Middle-Eastern type intro is not going to be the sound of the entire track!

Here's the old one for reference:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/.../LROOEClip.mp3

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Not sure about this one yet, we'll see.

Stuck on the Border

There seemed to be a lot of noise behind Don's voice. Is it a marketplace in Baghdad? It's about time they did another Epic.

Default new clips

These little teasers are so great! I'm lovin'em all! I'm already picking out my favorites!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

I have to admit that after listening to the entirety of this song, I'm not as big a fan of it as everyone else is. I think it has terrific segments - that guitar solo is amazing, and I like Don's vocal on the "I'd give anything to be there in your arms tonight." However, overall, it's too long, and overdone almost to the point of self-indulgence. I feel the guitar solo is wasted and the middle eastern music overused. A minute at the front is bad enough, but putting more in the middle of the song after that incredible guitar solo almost feels like a chastisement - "You were starting to enjoy this song? Don't forget it's serious and political! To reminds you, here's a boring middle eastern interlude." It totally kills the song.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have to completely agree on the middle eastern music. It's fine at the beginning (although I think a minute of it is way to long of an intro) but to interrupt the song? And right after the solo? I DON'T like that at all. The solo is BRILLIANT! The song is VERY well written (but I agree, a tad too long lol) and Don's vocals are spot on awesome. I love the melody of the song once it gets going. But it would have been fine if they had just stopped at 2 verses. I thought the song was done! lol

Stuck on the Border

Light and shade?

They are contrasting the old world with the overblown excess of the modern world. I suppose I don't think the 'Middle Eastern' music is misplaced because I applaud them for stepping so far out of their comfort zone. They don't always want to do chiming guitar solos. If they had done so it would have just been Hotel California Part 2.

In the vocals I love it where Glenn sings with Don in the lines before the chorus. All that 'pilgrims and prodigals' and 'road to Utopia' stuff. It is nice to hear him sing those type of lyrics even if he isn't singing lead.

Where Don overreaches to me is with the 'gimme another slice of barbequed brisket/pecan pie'. He had made the point about the Petroleum Club very well without taking it to such specific examples.

I would like to hope the electric piano is by Glenn. I would not hold my breath.

Out on the Border

Long Road Out of Eden is great,you can tell Don is from the South talking about Brisket and pecan pie,I love the song.

a great track...unusual intro etc...
    I Love Eagles because they have always been able to re-produce their material live.....and i judge each song like that..can they do it live?(same as every track--ask yourself that question).
    Take It Easy
    Billy

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Am I the only one who thinks immediately of Pink Floyd while listening to that song? I love that similarity to PF and really enjoy the guitar playing.