Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few song questions

Border Rebel

Default Re: A few song questions

I remember that Dan Fogelberg was the opening act, but I believe it was just the five of them on stage. As for the string effect, that I can't recall. I just remember after first hearing this song, that I was a bit concerned what the rest of the album might sound like. It's not that I didn't like it, but it was so out of character or so it seemed at the time.

Stuck on the Border

I can understand your concern as I think it was a few years before I warmed to it. These days I love it because it takes me to that happy - "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" on the radio place.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I've found a Youtube video of the Eagles playing JOTS live in 1975:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ufdz0BbEjc

Bernie will almost certainly have been playing the banjo as on the record. It sounds to me as though there's definitely a synthesiser in there - I would guess this was probably played by Glenn as he was generally the go-to live keyboard player but without video footage it's difficult to tell for sure. Unlike the original I think there's some vocals (I'm sure I can hear some 'ahs' towards the end, not sure though). Randy and Don H would have been on bass and drums as normal. Not sure what Don F would have been playing though.

Stuck on the Border

I remember Don F discussing his lead guitar work in JOTS in an interview from that era. I think it was the same interview I have mentioned here a hew times - where he emphasizes his contributions to the writing.
    Glenn plays some mean licks in Too Many Hands.

Stuck on the Border

Could the "whale song" sounds have been done on electric guitar?

Stuck on the Border

Interesting. I've never really thought about those "whale song" sounds, but I think they are Don on guitar (unless Bernie did them on steel guitar), although I don't know. Don was a brilliant guitarist even at that point, so he certainly could have done stuff like that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Could the "whale song" sounds have been done on electric guitar?

Ask our guitar expert Austin????

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Out on the Border

I have a question about an instrumental song at the end of disk 2 of the Live Farewell 1 Tour Melbourne DVD. After Desperado has ended, the guys go off stage and the end titles will start and also a piano/ synth melody will start at time 1:00:58 till 1:01:33. Can anyone tell me from which Eagles song this is? Thanks in advance,

Edwin
    The Netherlands.

Border Troubadour

Not got time to check (exams ), but I think that's a Glenn solo song, Silent Spring. It's played in concert at the start of the second half before Tequila Sunrise.

Border Troubadour

Thinking about it it may also be Wasted Time (Reprise), which was from the Hotel California album. Both play over the credits I think.