Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do Something

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I just wonder why they would change one word.
    Glenn has been known to do that before. Look at the "earrings lay" and "earrings swing". There's another one I've noticed in the past but it escapes me now as it's late and I'm brain dead. lol

he sodascouts thats nice. Thanks. really quickly.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Glenn has been known to do that before. Look at the "earrings lay" and "earrings swing". There's another one I've noticed in the past but it escapes me now as it's late and I'm brain dead. lol
    Good point, PLS! When I listen to Glenn sing this song in F1 and "Live In Dublin", I'm never sure whether he's singing "earrings swing" or "earrings sway", the latter which would of course rhyme with "I like the way..." What do you think?

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by The Bomber
    Sounds like "sing" to me too, but my ears are old. Maybe the album will come with a lyrics sheet.
    LOL, Jack! I'm sorry, I just thought that was funny .

I'm going to have to listen to both versions again to make sure what it sounds like to me, although at the moment I think it's "say". It just gives me another excuse to ogle the guys!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Good point, PLS! When I listen to Glenn sing this song in F1 and "Live In Dublin", I'm never sure whether he's singing "earrings swing" or "earrings sway", the latter which would of course rhyme with "I like the way..." What do you think?
    I've heard him say both swing and sway, MF. Perhaps it's just whatever comes out when he opens his mouth. lol If I remember right tho, the original word is lay. And then there is the chance that I'm dis-remembering all of this. lol Which has been known to happen.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Its definitely 'sway' in my F1 anyway. I'm watching it as I write this and Glenn is actually singing PEF! What a coincidence. He also changes 'I've got this feeling I may know you' to 'Something tells me I may know you (singing that line now as I write) in PEF also. But I love the way he sings it anyway. His voice is so smooth it just melts my heart and brings me right back to Dublin 11 June 2006 20:30.... and the rest as they say is history.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I think in Dublin's PEF it is 'swing' and in F1 it is 'sway' (both of which I prefer to 'lay' and both of which make more sense in my opinion). But those are live performances. With How Long we are talking about a recording.

Anyway in this case both 'sing' and 'say' make sense. If it's 'sing' the narrator who is feeling somewhat alienated is listening to someone singing 'hey we all feel great' at a party or whatever, and he doesn't feel that way. If it's 'say' he doesn't see how anyone could make such a statement.

It's cool to hear Do Something on YouTube. I tried the link but it was a bit jumpy - just saw the footage of a bird of prey. I love this song, and can't wait to get it on the album when it finally comes out.

Us non-US citizens have missed out on these exclusive releases, but with all our American friends, and the power of Paypal, we can access some of this music at least. Nancy very kindly bought a copy of the Walmart deal on my behalf, and that cd has had good usage since then - in particular I have become completely enamoured with No More Cloudy Days, and the cd has not been out of my car for many weeks.

Oh heck, I've got to edit this to enter the 'swing' 'sway' debate! I'm sure in Dublin he says 'swing'. JMHO!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Default Re: Do Something

This original thread obviously got a bit off track, lol, but I wanted to add that I've always thought the lyrics to "Do Something" were perhaps a message from Tim to the rest of the Eagles. They spent so much time puttering around and maybe Tim was trying to tell them "Enough already! Do something!" Of course, it could be applied more broadly, but stuff like "You're not ready for the rocking chair" seems to speak to the aging Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Do Something

Does anyone know where the idea came from for Don to sing lead on a portion of this? He's never duetted with Timothy before, has he? I love it, I just wish he had sung a full verse instead of just a tiny part. He just sings lead on a small part of What Do I Do With My Heart, too. I wish he had sung more of that also, but I'm not wanting to get off track, so I'll keep it on Do Something.

If this is a message from Tim to the Eagles, thanks Tim, you were very right that they needed to do something and I'm glad they did!!
    ~Sara