Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glyn Johns autobiography

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glyn Johns autobiography

Here's another review, but the best part is the video of a Q&A session with Glyn Johns. There's nothing on the Eagles, other than a namecheck at the beginning, but it's interesting stuff.

http://www.popmatters.com/review/188...by-glyn-johns/
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 12-16-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

UTW - I'm not seeing a link for this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I've added the link.

I love all the interesting stuff you find, UTW. Thanks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Thanks for the link underthewire.

It's been great to see Bernie back playing with the Eagles. Who knows he may even record with them. Maybe he inspired Christine McVie to return to Fleetwood Mac.

Some say the real HFO 2 will be if the Eagles ever hook up with outcast, Don Felder again.

I think a far more interesting and productive proposal would be a fortnight or two in London working with Glyn Johns again.

Now they've got Joe in the ranks and tonnes of digital technology to summon, maybe The Eagles will be finally able to rock on a par with The Who, The Faces, Led Zeppellin, The Rolling Stones and all the other UK rockers who got The Eagles to fly to London to record over 40 years ago.

Surely, recording an album with Johns over a couple of weeks would be the ultimate Eagles redemption.

Stuck on the Border

I admire your optimism but I suppose I don't see why they should attempt to work with someone they left behind 40 years ago, whose relationship with them was frosty at best. You could tell by the way Glenn talked in HOTE that he has no desire to work with Johns again (any more than he wants to work with Felder again).

To me you shouldn't just attempt to recreate something you have done before just because you did it before. Do something different.

The question of whether they will ever record another album is one I'm not prepared to go into. I will say this though; 'a couple of WEEKS'?

Times have changed, people have changed.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the link, UTW. That was very interesting.

And my guess is that the Eagles aren't interested in working with Glyn Johns again, any more than he is interested in working with them. It seems like a big dichotomy that a reunion between these parties would produce a rockier sound for the Eagles considering that a big reason they parted ways was because Johns didn't think the band could rock. Besides on the chance that there is ever another Eagles album, I suspect they would produce it themselves.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

I'm not sure if they'd match up to The Who, Led Zep or the Stones but when the Eagles performed; You Belong To The City, Boys Of Summer, Funk 49, Dirty Laundry, The Heat Is On, Life's Been Good, Heartache Tonight and Life In The Fast Lane, one after the other during the HFO shows, I can assure you they were rockin'

The original quartet were awesome but I have to agree with Glyn Johns, they couldn't rock. The early bootlegs I've heard feature rock numbers that are a bit messy to sat the least but the acoustic tracks are always glorious.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm not sure if they'd match up to The Who, Led Zep or the Stones but when the Eagles performed; You Belong To The City, Boys Of Summer, Funk 49, Dirty Laundry, The Heat Is On, Life's Been Good, Heartache Tonight and Life In The Fast Lane, one after the other during the HFO shows, I can assure you they were rockin'

The original quartet were awesome but I have to agree with Glyn Johns, they couldn't rock. The early bootlegs I've heard feature rock numbers that are a bit messy to sat the least but the acoustic tracks are always glorious.
    They weren't & still are not a heavy rock band. Leaving bootlegs aside however, tracks like Take The Devil & Out Of Control are legitimate rock songs.

Yeah, "Out of Control" rocks my socks off!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten