Page 123 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Remarkable result which I'm sure JCL will be as pleased about as I am - Manchester City 1 Liverpool 4.

Also congratulations are due to Leicester City who were only promoted recently & are sitting on top of the League. Something for Gary Lineker to be happy about.

Seconded, it was a terrific display and a great result. I was stunned to see us go 3-0 up after just over half an hour. City's home record is formidable and we had not won there since 2008, back when Liverpool were clearly the stronger team. It reminded me somewhat of our 5-1 home win over Arsenal a couple of years ago, and definitely remined me of the famous 4-1 victory at Old Trafford in 2009. I thought Klopp's tactics were spot on, starting without a conventional striker much like (until recently) Barcelona and the Spanish national team. Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho were brilliant on the counter attack and City's defence had no answer to them.

It was quite an enjoyable football weekend for me generally as Tranmere finally returned to winning ways with a 2-1 win over Guiseley, they badly needed to get their season back on track after slipping from the top three to twelfth after a poor month where they failed to score a single goal.

Leicester's start to the season has been nothing short of sensational, they ended the last campaign well but what's astonishing is that they needed that great run merely to avoid relegation and that if this season had started back in April, they'd be top of the league by six points. Special mention must go to striker Jamie Vardy, who was playing non-league football just four years ago but is now the Premier League's top scorer with 13 goals so far, and has netted in each of Leicester's last ten games. Their form reminds me of the French side Montpellier, who won the French title in 2012 in just their second year back in the top flight. I think their weaknesses in defence will tell eventually but not even their most avid fans would have dreamed of such a fantastic opening few months.

9-2

Who Dey!

See 'ya next week, Cleveland!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Alot of UGA Dawg nation is in shock at the resigning/firing of coach Mark Richt.
    http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/id/14...orgia-bulldogs

My Falcons sucked against the Vikings today.

Glad to see the Broncos end the Patriots' undefeated streak.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

10-2
    Who Dey!

(Sorry for the delay, technical issues)

You're next, Pittsburgh!

Ok, Quarterback down and not the end result we wanted, but...

In and out of San Fran on the plus side. Make that Who Dey 11-3.

Why make it look easy, huh?

I'm not a sports guy but my dad is a huge Bears fan, really his favorite team of any sport. Lately he's been unhappy about the team not doing so well.

So I naturally as of late have become a huge Packers fan. Actually, a fan of any team who plays against the Bears.

I use to not even watch, but now it's a game in itself of me making fun of his team and Jay Cutler. lol

The Carolina Panthers' undefeated streak came to end today at the hands of my Falcons.
    -Kim-

RIP Bobby Dews
    http://m.ajc.com/news/sports/report-...dews-de/nprx5/

Anyone who is an Atlanta Braves fan should recognize his name. Mr. Dews spent 37 years working with the Braves before retiring in 2012. For my rural area,though, he was a local hero. He grew up in Edison, Georgia, which is the biggest of the 4 towns in Calhoun County, which is also the county I call home. Though I never met him, I know many people who have. They've described him as a wonderful man. Baseball has lost a legend today.
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border

Liverpool have literally scraped into the Capital Cup final, beating Stoke 6-5 on penalties.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Just been following the penalty shoot out online while listening to the radio coverage. It sounded like a fairly poor display from us on the night itself, but that doesn't matter now fortunately. I honestly wasn't sure we'd do it when I heard that Lucas was stepping for the crucial fifth penalty (he hasn't scored a goal in open play for over five years!), glad we did it though. Great for Jurgen Klopp to get us to a final in his first season in charge.

It's a big game whoever we face in the Final (this will be decided in the other semi final tomorrow night) - it's either going to be the formidable Manchester City, probably the strongest team in England on paper, or an all-Merseyside final against our local rivals Everton. This would be a repeat of the 1984 final, where we won 1-0 in a replay after a 0-0 draw in the first game.