Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Petmania

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Petmania

Thanks NOLA and Brooke. They definitely have added to the family and have kept my mom and I on our toes. (The first time we've had kittens around here in about 3 years)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

My mom and I have taken in a stray cat that was hanging around the place where my aunt lives. My aunt had been feeding him, but she couldn't keep him, so now he's ours. He's tamed, and somewhat used to being held. He's named Buddy, and he's a medium length black and white cat who's about 9-10 months old. We just brung him home anout 30 minutes ago. We're hoping that he gets along well with Tigger and Tabby, since they're not too far apart in age.

Once I get a photo, I'll post it.
    -Kim-

Buddy is already adjusting well to his new home. He isn't cooperating with me and the camera, but I tried.

Halloween... next year!

Looking upset because my mom is holding him still.
    -Kim-

Buddy looks a bit like my precious Milton! He's adorable!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Sadly, Buddy escaped from our trailer early yesterday morning while we were sleeping. We were keeping him inside until he had gotten more used to things, but he'd never been inside much. There's a small hole next to the door that has never been fixed. We keep an old towel in the hole to block drafts and keep vermin out. Somehow he managed to remove the towel, and outside he went. No sign of him since. I think that he was probably terrified of my dog, Brownie, who is kept on a runner outside at night. Our other cats are used to him, but not Buddy. We've searched and searched and nothing. I hope he's safe somwhere.
    -Kim-

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

AG, I'm sorry about Buddy. Maybe he'll show back up or you will find him.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I hope so, Brooke. There's a small feral cat colony nearby that he might have joined. A neighbor feeds those cats twice a day. I really hope that he won't try to get back to my aunt's place, which is 25 miles away.

On the plus side, it's nice to wake up on a cold morning and find your fluffy baby asleep on your chest. Thank you, Midnight!
    -Kim-

Geez, AG, sorry about Buddy. I hope he's safe, too.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

AG, Buddy reminds me of a stray cat that came to my house this summer, colorwise.

I've had many, many cats in my life. Since a child. This cat was very friendly to be a stray. I thought he must have been someone's so I called all the neighbors and posted on Fb about him. No one claimed him though. Several times when I was babysitting my grandson this cat would follow us around outside. I had to watch him though. Several times he would jump at my little 20 month old, like he was going to attack him. I had never seen a cat do that before. He would star at him, follow him and eventually run up and jump at him. It was weird. I had to watch closely and make sure he didn't bite or scratch him. But yet, he seemed to be a nice cat. I wonder if my grandson, being little, the cat thought he was another cat? It was strange. The cat finally went on his way. Haven't seen him for a while now, thankfully!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I have a similar story. My late maternal grandma had cats all her life. She fit the definition of crazy old cat lady. I mean, at one point 4 years ago, she had over 50 cats! Only about 20 of them would be considered pets. One of them she had bottle fed as a newborn, and therefore he became close to her and my uncle. He would run and hide from anyone else (including me), except for my 4 year old cousin. He would let her tote him all over the house and play with him. We could never figure out why my cousin who was a wild child could do that, except maybe because she was so small. Baby doll (the cat) is still alive and well. Eventually, he has calmed down and usually, I can pet him.

I've had cats all my life as well. We've taken in strays, unwantrd cats etc. Right now, not counting Buddy, we havd 6 cats.
    -Kim-