Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default Re: Concerts

I really like Chris Daughtry, saw his AOL session performance some time ago and it was great.

I changed my plans... today I'll buy a ticket for Sunday to see TOTO! OMG, I always want to see them but since they broke up in 2008 I thought this dream would never come true. They now came together for one tour in Europe to support Mike Porcaro who is suffering from ALS and today I decided to go to Berlin to see them.
    It's outside and in a beautiful location called Zitadelle.

http://www.zitadelle-spandau.de/

I'm so exited!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds like fun EF! Have a great time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

HA! Ya'll are so funny! Yes - I lourve my classic rock. And the bad thing is I have good seats to these shows/past shows, but my d*&$ camera is sooooo bad. URGH. Or it might be that I don't know how to use it. And I do have the shakey shakey hands.

In Houston at the end of the Eagles show I got up to the stage but I was so shocked and nervous that the guys were RIGHT THERE that my hands were shaking.

I mean they were RIGHT THERE. lol that was so funny.

But I'll have my camera and hopefully I can take some pix of "Percy".

Cheers,
    Maid

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    My goodness Maid, when you see concerts you really see CONCERTS!! WOW--talk about some legends! Do me a favor--take a camera and get plenty of pics of Robert!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Sounds like fun EF! Have a great time!
    Thank you, Brooke... I had the time of my life !!! It was incredible, one of the best concerts I've ever seen. This is hard to top, really. These boys are real musicians, Steve Lukather is a god on guitar , so is Simon Phillips on the drums. It was great to see Steve Porcaro on the keyboards, he had so much fun and was dancing around the whole time. He left the band 1988 so it was the first time for many fans seeing him on stage with the other guys.
    Everyone of the band was smiling, kidding around, you could see the happiness because they played together again after so many years. By far the greatest was to see the chemistry between them... no, I should better say the love they feel for each other Unbelievable.
    Maybe I should mention I immediately fell in love with Steve Lukather as he took the stage LOL, he's AWESOME. I could not get my eyes from him.

I loved the set list, most of the songs from the era as Joseph Williams joined the band, which was a good decision because he was with them instead of Bobby Kimball who either didn't want to go on tour with them or had other commitments, no one knows it for sure.

Sound was absolutely great, we were 5th row or so, pretty close to the stage. While walking around after the show we saw a few people standing on the left behind the stage. I told my friends to stop because I guessed people were waiting for the guys to come out. And we had luck... David Paich came out, took photos and signed tickets.

I walked over there to hear what he was saying. Most important question was: What happens after this tour? Was that it? And he said they are enjoying the tour so very much that they will probably do this again. Not an extended tour but a few dates now and then. I was very happy to hear this.
    BTW, people came from all over the world... USA, Italy, Spain, Scotland, Holland, East Europe, unbelievable.

I found some videos. Quality is good, but not great.

Loved the funky guitar playing from Steve.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKlzrlz9qrY&feature=related[/ame]

And Home Of The Brave, one of my favorite songs:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQGAArGdUlI[/ame]

Glad you had such a great time EF. MY two Toto faves are Hold The Line and Africa.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

EF--figured you would love it because I know you're a huge fan of theirs. My favorite Toto song has always been Georgy Porgy, It was always so very different from what was on the radio at the time.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I love that song too, TBF. My favorites are most these songs, which were not on the radio constantly... like Til The End, Home Of The Brave and Lea to name a few.

I have to post this... I almost fell off chair when I read it LOL I couldn't resist because usually it's mostly the same what people post there: great concert/please come to... bla bla bla. And it's true!

Last edited by EasyFeeling; 07-21-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Way to go Michaela!!! That got his attention!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Yes I was anxious if and what he would answer Good sense of humor, I like it

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Awesome Michaela!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016