Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889909192 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Right there with you, Soda.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Me too. I was looking for Christmas stuff today and I came across my bag with old tour books and calendars etc. I was so sad coz last time I saw them I'd never have thought what was going to happen.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Another month gone.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It hound be getting easier by now. It's not?

Stuck on the Border

I have my own little memorial - I bought a few of Glenn's favourite* pencils and when I use them, I have happy thoughts. I haven't been inspired to write any lyrics, yet.

[*If you remember, Jack Tempchin wrote about a thank you present from Cindy which included legal pad and pencils. I managed to track down an online stationer who sells the pencils over here.]

That's cool, UtW. I was thinking of that quote yesterday. Jack said that part of the reason she sent those things to him is just "because she is Cindy". It shows what a thoughtful and caring person she must be.

With KCH a week and a half away. I'll be thinking of Cindy, the kids, the guys and of course Glenn that Sunday night. I don't know if I can watch seeing the guys and Cindy up there in Glenn's place that night. Its going to be emotional and I know they will have the camera on Cindy sometimes as they show the honorees enjoying the people who were paying tribute to the Eagles.

I watched HOTE on my drive back home after my Florida trip and Glenn seemed to have quite a bit of "life" and energy left at the time of that documentary. I think it's so sad that the medicine that likely gave him some relief was the one that weakened his immune system to the pneumonia that ultimately killed him. I found myself getting upset watching the doc, but not in a angry way as before.

As someone who wasn't a huge GF fan, and was absolutely against him in some areas, the more I hear of him the more I can now appreciate certain aspects of his personality in the documentary. I'm not saying I think it's fair or ok, but I can appreciate him standing up for what HE thought was right for the band. And that I can respect. I may not ever have agreed with him, but the man stood up for what he believed in, and everyday I'm learning more and more that's the way to be. Again, I may not agree with him but that's a respectable trait in anyone I feel regardless who may be right. When you give that up you lose a whole lot more.

Stuck on the Border

Austin, I'm glad you are able to see it in a slightly more positive light and get take something good from it. For me, it helps to keep a certain detachment and not worry too much about the rights and wrongs and just try to understand why it worked. Glenn didn't behave as I would have but then I don't have what it takes to achieve his level of success. In fact, I recognise more of myself in the people who sit around complaining.

Last week, I read a comment from someone who had worked as Glenn's roadie during the 70s and he said how Glenn had changed his life and that he was grateful. A little research showed he had gone on to set up his own concert promotion business. It reminded me of the other stories of people who had gone on to achieve their own success with encouragement (and sometimes other support) from Glenn.

I know I've written this before, but I continue to be surprised at how warmly people who actually knew Glenn speak of him compared to the mass of negativity from those who didn't. I know that's partly an internet thing where people love to criticise based on little information.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Glenn didn't behave as I would have but then I don't have what it takes to achieve his level of success. In fact, I recognise more of myself in the people who sit around complaining.
    Full marks for honesty, UtW! I think most of us could agree with you, if we had your discernment.