Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Out on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It sounds like a lovely tribute, Greg. Good for you.
    Thanks, Soda. I delivered the "Plaintiff" line (with proper acknowledgement of course) as close to his deadpan delivery as I could, and of course the audience erupted in laughter. I told them that was exactly what Glenn wanted to hear right now. We've all been crying a bunch, which is understandable and appropriate, but I think it warms his heart to know he's still bringing joy to his fans through his music and humor.

It will take time for many of you to get to that point, but the sooner you can listen to his music with a smile on your face, the sooner healing will begin. It may be a smile through tears (like when I watched that video of him calling a baseball game with Vin Scully with such boyish excitement and enthusiasm, thanks for posting that!), but that's part of the process.

BTW this thread is amazing. Thanks for providing the forum for our collective grief and celebration.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    IMHO the best way to honor Glenn is to keep doing what you were doing. You could do no greater honor to Glenn by playing & performing his music. Yes it is sad for all of us but he is up there looking down at us & smiling.

Have any details of his funeral been released?
    I haven't seen anything yet about a funeral.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

I just read what Bernie said. I love it. I like his way of saying things - not overly sentimental, but still enormous respect for Glenn. I almost cried when I read about Glenn giving him a hug and saying "This isn't the end" (or something like that) and then giving him another hug.

I'm also glad that he talked about Most Of Us Are Sad, because song is so beautiful, and yet never mentioned except here.

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

I went ahead and changed the thread title. I hope it makes people feel a bit better. It's hard to know what to do.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I just read what Bernie said. I love it. I like his way of saying things - not overly sentimental, but still enormous respect for Glenn. I almost cried when I read about Glenn giving him a hug and saying "This isn't the end" (or something like that) and then giving him another hug.

I'm also glad that he talked about Most Of Us Are sad, because song is so beautiful, and yet never mentioned except here.
    The hugs and "this isn't the end" is what I thought of when I said that some tissues might be needed. I know that I cried last night when I read it.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    The hugs and "this isn't the end" is what I thought of when I said that some tissues might be needed. I know that I cried last night when I read it.
    It's not just what happened later that makes it so moving for me. It was also an extremely sweet thing to do/say to a person who hasn't been in the band for decades. It kind of makes me smile (because of the sweet words) and cry (because it was the end) at the same time.

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Glenn Frey in the Press - Retro Edition!

This article was in the Daily Mail - the writer was obviously a big fan so its nice to get a perspective from someone who understands what the fans are going through.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...le-mortal.html
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Desperado

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

When I heard that Glenn had passed away I didn't want to believe it. The Eagles have been my favorite band for the past 42 years, since I was 12 years old. Over the years I have seen over 40 Eagles shows (either the band or individually), and it has been 2 years since I've seen the band so I was planning on getting in another Eagles concert this year for sure, I needed another fix! I just assumed they'd be touring. But now this....it means the Eagles as a band have come to an end. I was thinking to myself, if only they could have gone on a few more years....but after hearing about Glenn's physical challenges....I'm thinking to myself, how lucky and grateful we all should be that they were able to go on as long as they did. I have a newfound respect for Glenn. May he rest in peace.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I see that they also feature Haskell Wexler who filmed the 1977 footage shown in the doc. He died on 27th December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06wv9cd
    Haskell Wexler filmed the Maryland concert?! Dang. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, etc.

Kudos for finding that out, UtW. Imagine being so big time that you hire an Oscar-winning cinematographer to film your band in concert, and then you forget about the film existing for years and years.

I'm surprised the Eagles don't have an archivist. Lesser artists do.

Back on topic now, sorry.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    IMHO the best way to honor Glenn is to keep doing what you were doing. You could do no greater honor to Glenn by playing & performing his music. Yes it is sad for all of us but he is up there looking down at us & smiling.
    Thanks for that encouragement. I looked up more than once last night thinking that exact thing.