Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Timothy's Sexiest Songs

Default Re: Timothy's Sexiest Songs

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    I love the Timothy/Jackson version. Here is Wikipedia's list of Let It Be Me covers. (I remember as a child hearing Donny & Marie sing it but they're not on the list.) It isn't always sung as a duet and I didn't realize it actually had French origins.
    That's quite a lot of artists that covered the song. It looked like even George Harrison covered it...Interesting.
    I was really not familar with the song, but I really do love Tim & Jackson's voices together. I'll have to check out some of those other versions. It's a really beautiful song.

Oh, I definitely add that to the list! I didn't know if I could , since it was a duet. Timothy and Jackson. It just doesn't get any better than that. I just wish there was a video. Then again, I don't know if my heart could take it!
    Two of the hottest men on earth!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I have to say that although Tim and Jackson voices are beautiful in Let It Be Me, I'm really not that fond of their version. I don't want to upset anyone, but the song just works much better for me as a duet between a man and woman. JMHO
    Yeah, that's the way I feel about it too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I guess a male and female singing together would work if they were singing to each other, but in this case Timothy and Jackson are both singing to me

Actually I would rather just hear sweet Timothy B sing it alone..that would make me the happiest!!

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    That's quite a lot of artists that covered the song. It looked like even George Harrison covered it...Interesting.
    I was really not familar with the song, but I really do love Tim & Jackson's voices together. I'll have to check out some of those other versions. It's a really beautiful song.
    The Everly Brothers had a really big hit with it and I love this duet. This song was before Donny and Marie's time (in terms of giving it the cred it needs). I actually found this version the other day, it is so close to the Everly's it's uncanny!!

I am sure Jackson and Tim planned it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Yeah, that's the way I feel about it too.
    I haven't heard it sung with female/male, I just love it as a duet. It's more meaningful to me that way but everybody's different.

Is such an intimate torch song to me it needs a double harmony but either two male or two female..have heard some really good solo versions but to me it loses something somehow. Is sweeter as a duet for me

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by BramwenR View Post
    The Everly Brothers had a really big hit with it and I love this duet. This song was before Donny and Marie's time (in terms of giving it the cred it needs). I actually found this version the other day, it is so close to the Everly's it's uncanny!!
    Definitely before their time. The Everly Brothers' version is the definitive one. That was just my apparently clumsy way of pointing out that the list didn't include every cover of the song. (Teen idols of that era seemed to cover classic pop songs pretty frequently.) I'm sure there are many other covers that were left off as well.

I do love how Timothy & Jackson take turns with lead vocals on their version. Unfortunately, if I'm remembering the film Bye Bye Love correctly, you only hear Jackson's lead in the movie. But then, his verse does come first.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    I guess a male and female singing together would work if they were singing to each other, but in this case Timothy and Jackson are both singing to me
    Now, Sally - I like how you're thinking here. I hadn't looked at it that way. Those two can sing anything they want to me all day long, and I'd be one happy girl!

And thanks for the link, tbsfan.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016