Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s) in progress

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Don's new album(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Oh; I apologise. I thought TBF had heard a rumour that there was going to be a new Eagles live album recorded in Seoul, South Korea where they recently played. I knew about the R&B album. He'll probably do Witchy Woman on that.
    This just cracked me up! I may not come across as the most intelligent person on this board but I seriously do know the difference between Seoul (the city) and soul (the music) and I would have known not to put an Eagles live album info in a thread entitled Press & Discussion about Don's new album.
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 04-13-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    This just cracked me up! I may not come across as the most intelligent person on this board but I seriously do know the difference between Seoul (the city) and soul (the music) and I would have known not to put an Eagles live album info in a thread entitled Press & Discussion about Don's new album.
    Your exact phrase was 'coming out of Soul'. Particularly because you used a capital letter for 'Soul' I didn't know what you meant. I also didn't know what you meant by 'coming out of'... to me that implied 'recorded in a particular place'. Then when you said 'or did I dream that' I thought you had heard something others hadn't. I'm sorry I got it so wrong.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I give up....you're right, I was wrong--wrong with my capitalization, wrong with my punctuation and probably another half a dozen things not pointed out. I should of remained quiet. It might be best I just leave this thread.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

ANYWAY, I was thinking about whether Don would change arrangements on Eagles songs when he told Ronnie Donn to use Eagles phrasing and the like for Seven Bridges Road. It doesn't sound like he's changing up much there! I realize I'm venturing into complete speculation but hey, I enjoy doing that.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - you're killing me, Soda. It's bad enough for me to think that he's remaking Eagles songs, but to suggest that he's not even going to try to make it sound a little different is too much for me to bear. Of course, I'm just kidding - well ... sort of. As I said earlier, I'll withhold final judgment until I actually see/hear the album, but I'm really hoping your speculation does not come to pass.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Don Henley Plans a Country Project
    Source: blog.gactv.com

The Eagles have long been hailed as an influence on modern country music, a fact that’s never been lost on drummer Don Henley. Now it appears Don is aiming to release an album that plays on that history. He’s been working on an album of country songs — some originals, some covers. He’s in good company in the process. He’s been putting the project together with Stan Lynch, who used to be the drummer with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

If you click on the "Don Henley plans Country Project" it will bring up the entire article, a picture and a video.

FP posted this article in another thread since it was by and large about artists' termination rights, but I'm going to post the short bit regarding the new album here:

Don says:
    "I've been working on a country album for a couple of years now, in between parenting and Eagles projects. It's coming along really well. It's both originals and covers, and I'm producing it with my buddy Stan Lynch. It's probably not going to come out until next spring [2012]. I'm working at my own glacial pace."

- Rolling Stone

So it's spring now, eh? Well, I'm glad to hear an update about the album, at any rate. I never thought it would take him so long to record an album that's mostly covers! Anyway, it looks like he and Glenn and perhaps even Joe will have solo albums out around the same time during the Eagles' 40th anniversary year. If that's the case, will they be able to tour solo?

Stuck on the Border

Don will probably want to tour solo. Despite my euphoria about Glenn announcing his album, I now have a horrible feeling that he won't either tour or promote. I don't want his album to be 'buried' because it is a covers album with no original material (to our knowledge....) But Don's track record as a solo artist is more high profile and more recent and he is more willing to do promotion.

This is the truth; I can't spin this to make it more favourable to Glenn. Back to reality. Anyway this is Don's thread so I will say no more.