Page 111 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I actually think the word play is rather cleaver, but I also think over 50% of the people wouldn't even get it....Henley can sue whoever he wants, but it's unlikely the company made much money off his name here. Henley is a type of shirt that has been around for ages. If I were him, I would be like, "who cares", but this is Don we're talking about. He will spend as much on the lawsuit as he will make on it, making it not even worth it, but just to prove his point, he will pursue it. He brings even more attention to the company by doing this too.
    It's about principles with Don, he doesn't care about the money, he wants them to learn not to do this kind of thing and also maybe make others see they shouldn't do it either. At least that's what it seems like to me.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

If it was about the money, they'd allow people to use their name. I agree it's about the principle. The money aspect is like time-out to a child or jail as an adult...it's to deter people from doing it in the first place. People can say it's not up to Don to try and instill values in others, but he probably figures someone has to do it. I guess it's the internet age, people figure that anything out there is theirs to use if they so desire, and it's just not the case.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have to agree that this is about principle, not money. I would expect that any money that may be gained from this would be donated to Don's charities. I can't recall the details, but I seem to remember another incident where Don donated the money he was awarded.

As far as the lawyers overstating and exaggerating facts, unfortunately, that seems to be the status quo in the legal profession. It's pretty sad given that our justice system is supposedly based on a search for the truth.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Recently released blurb, and if you click the Uncle Joe Benson link, you get the audio from SoundCloud. It was recently posted, not certain it's a recent interview.

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...y-john-lennon/

ETA: It is a new clip from Joe Benson, aired on Sunday.
    VK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for that link, VA. Don does a beautiful version of Yes It Is. I always loved the song, and he definitely does it justice!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Does anyone know where I can hear the Joe Benson interview?
    ~Sara

Here you go, HD.

Just scroll down.

https://soundcloud.com/uncle-joe-benson

Ultimate Classic Rock website did a little article on the 30th Anniversary of Building the Perfect Beast.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-h...perfect-beast/

I really like the album BTPB, I listen to it a lot. I like EOTI better merely because HOTM is on it, but BTPB is right up there. He says in the old interview that he stretched further with this one, took more chances. I need to think about this, because my opinion of Henley's solo career has always been that he didn't take any chances. I've always felt he stuck with a tried and true formula and didn't move from it. Not that his songs all sound the same, because part of the formula is avoiding that, but it would be really interesting to someday hear what he felt were the chances he took with this album. I'd like to hear his perspective, as I'm sure it comes down to the difference between someone who's a genius at songwriting compared to me, who hasn't a clue.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

In my view the chances he took were in departing so radically from the muscial genre people associated him with & drowning the album in synthesizers so it would sound '80s'. This is the reason why it's my least favourite of his albums. It doesn't seem to bother other people the way it bothers me.

It could be argued that some of the lyrics like the title track & the (in my view) extremely pretentious Driving With Your Eyes Closed were lyrically more left field than anything he had written before.