Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default Hey everyone.

I have a concern. I believe I have Joe Walsh following me on Instagram. Thing is he has a verified account and I got a follow from one that looks the same but no verification. I messaged him to see if it was really him and he says it is. He started talking to me about a program and then asked for financial assistance. now as much as I totally would support whatever he does this isn't sitting right with me. Because I don't think he would ask for that. Should I play it out and see who it really is or contact his official page?

Default Re: Hey everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    I have a concern. I believe I have Joe Walsh following me on Instagram. Thing is he has a verified account and I got a follow from one that looks the same but no verification. I messaged him to see if it was really him and he says it is. He started talking to me about a program and then asked for financial assistance. now as much as I totally would support whatever he does this isn't sitting right with me. Because I don't think he would ask for that. Should I play it out and see who it really is or contact his official page?
    No, no, and hell no!

A LOT of people try posing as big name individuals asking for money. It's NOT Joe. Happens to a lot of celebrities.

Not only would they steal your money but also your credentials.

Report the account to Instagram and send the real Joe a message.

Absolutely. I'll even send the screenshots here. The exact same details is on this account. I asked for a website and I was sent this: Safealife.co.nf. I didn't send any credentials or anything because I smell bs.

Absolutely. I'll even send the screenshots here. The exact same details is on this account. I asked for a website and I was sent this: Safealife.co.nf. I didn't send any credentials or anything because I smell bs.
    Hahaha "safe" a life. I think you (they) mean SAVE a life. lol totally a scam. I don't trust foreign domains either as a rule. A lot of them are non-legit.

Right? Now I'm pissed. I was all excited about that and now I have to be an asshole. Lol I mean I thought he set it up as a separate account. Ugh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep. I have to be an asshole.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't be hard on yourself, just careful. The scammer is the a-hole. Folks like that prey on people they know are enthusiastic about an artist. Such as when a friend of mine went to a concert and told me about it the next day. She was bummed because she had met the artist's dad after the show. He told her that he lived close by, and she should come visit...but she didn't have time. I asked what he looked like. She said he was tall, blonde, and blue eyed like the artist. I told her that his dad was brunette, brown eyed, and lived in Kentucky. I think I made her mad by bursting her bubble. But no telling what the guy had in mind! Always be suspicious, and keep yourself and your money safe!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Oh absolutely. I even told the person that I wanted to make sure that was him because of fakes. me being internet savvy I knew right away something wasn't right. I reported that one and messaged Joe. Funny he hasn't answered BECAUSE HE IS BUSY. lmao

Too many scammers man. I watch catfish. Not today Satan. 😂😂😂😂

Oh absolutely. I even told the person that I wanted to make sure that was him because of fakes. me being internet savvy I knew right away something wasn't right. I reported that one and messaged Joe. Funny he hasn't answered BECAUSE HE IS BUSY. lmao

Too many scammers man. I watch catfish. Not today Satan. 😂😂😂😂
    You done good.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Banned

Joe has "accountants to pay for it all"