Page 60 of 109 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

I've been looking on YouTube for old clips of the guys and just watched clips I've never seen.

I found this clip from a concert Joe did in 2012 in Salamanca, NY. The Confessor has been going on me. I love his guitar playing in this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8SIYdYDj9o

I love watching old clips, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

shun - If you like The Confessor, you should watch the official video if you haven't already seen it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I've seen the video. I kinda don't like the video, but the song is growing on me. Joe does some amazing guitar solos on this song.

One of the things that perplexes me about the HOTE documentary is that they refer to Joe's Unplugged as the low point in his career. I don't think they name the show, just show a clip. I think the show is good. I've seen Joe look worse and I've seen him play/sing far worse then this. I'm not crazy about the choice of songs but I still enjoy watching this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDoeDnADACo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDoeDnADACo[/ame]

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I agree that he sounds good in that clip they show. I like the way he sings. There certainly wasn't any footage of him sounding bad or not performing up to par while on stage. The way he looks in that one interview is really bad and scary, though. I would think that was his low point, whenever that was.

To me he looks the worst in that Travis Tritt video. Derelict Joe. His vocals suffered way more from the alcohol then his playing ever did. He could always play. Blind drunk, still a killer guitarist. However, he'd scream his vocals instead of sing them. Interviews. In the end of his drinking days those were the worst. The clip where he asks Arsenio if he stole his hubcaps. I want to crawl under a desk when he says that. Or the dirty joke he tells at some radio thing in a mall with Michael Stanley. Ugh! It's crazy how much more acceptable his drunken behavior was just 20 years ago. I think if that had been today all kinds of people would be trying to get him into rehab. I remember at the time, the attitude, including mine, was, "oh that's just Joe." Pretty sad actually.

Thank goodness he's not like that today and we still have him today. Its amazing that Joe didn't relapse(that I know of) and stay sober for 20 years. I just hate that people still think he's still drinking and doing drugs when they watch current videos of him sober.

He wasn't too bad in that video. I've seen a video on Youtube where he was teaching the host how to tune a guitar and how to play slide guitar. It was called something like "The Reason Why Joe is a bad guitar instructor" or something like that. People on YouTube talked about him bad even though they were praising his guitar playing.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-25-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Yeah Shun, I was going to mention how horribly drunk he is for his instructional video. Technically I don't think there's supposed to be anyone sitting next to him. I just think he was so unbelievably drunk that they needed someone to sit there and guide him thru what he was supposed to be doing. That was a video that came out in the early 90's. There were a few of them by different artists. I saw a few that didn't have the guy sitting next to the artist.

I'm so proud of Joe for beating the odds. To be a Keith Moon/Jim Morrison/John Belushi type character that gets to live to tell about it. I'd give anything for a Joe Walsh documentary similar to HOTE.

My biggest pet peeve is that a lot of people still think Joe is partying. If he thinks about what he says and speaks slow people also often think he's either still drunk or brain damaged from the drugs.

Maybe they couldn't find the footage that really shows Joe at his worst. I have some audience bootleg footage from the early 90s which I can't even watch because he's so awful in them. Forgetting lyrics, unable to hit notes, looking ghastly, seeming absolutely lost... thank God he got out of that.

I agree that using the "Cinnamon Girl" clip while talking about Joe being in bad shape didn't really work. The uniformed fan would be like "Well, he doesn't seem that bad off to me." The beer-soaked interview conveyed it a bit better, but that was nowhere near his low.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten