Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Expando Song Survivor

Default Re: Expando Song Survivor

I know so many of you will disagree with this one.

My vote is for 'White boy from Sacramento' to be eliminated.

I can't really explain why I don't like it as much as some of the other songs, though I know I hate the end of the song.
    Probably deep down I don't like it simply because it doesn't sound like Tim.

(I hasten to add that, like most folks, it's not so much eliminating 'songs I hate' as the 'songs I like the least'. )

Stuck on the Border

I cast my vote for Compassion. It doesn't leave much of an impression although it's pleasant enough.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I personally love I Don't Mind. I know I mentioned in my original review of Expando that perhaps it could be about his bandmates... but honestly, it could be about a friend, child, friends expierence, etc. I don't take it personally and I love the catchiness of it.

This round, I cast my vote for: Compassion

It's not awful, but it's not a stand out by any means. It's there, it's okay, it's nice... but it's like a potato... just there and nothing really special. It's what I expect.

I agree with LTL. I have been listening to the album again today & Compassion does the least for me of any of the songs, even though I do like it.

I cast my vote for Compassion.

Oh, I'm going to shake it up a bit, now that "One More Mile" is off-limits for me this round. I actually like "Compassion" pretty well, so it won't be getting my vote any time soon. But, although I liked it well enough in concert...on the album, "Downtime" is just a downer for me. I cast my vote for "Downtime."
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Since 'Ella Jean' is gone it's a quick narrow-down to either I Don't Mind or " Good Day........

My vote: I Don't Mind
    I just need a little downtime.........

I cast my vote for Compassion!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I guess I don't have any Compassion so it has to go.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm still in shock over UKTF's vote against WBFS! I didn't think I'd see a vote for that so soon! You warned us we'd be surprised at your selections! I've got my on you!

I have gone back and forth on this selection if Ella Jean were to get eliminated in the first round. BTW-good job everyone . Every other time I listen, I go back and forth over Melancholy and Compassion. I like them both but neither of them really strike me as outstanding. I really think that I lean toward liking Compassion more tho, I really like Tim's vocals on it more than Melancholy and it's actually grown on me since the first time I heard it or listened to the cd. And help me out here someone who has seen him, at least in Chicago, wasn't Melancholy the only song from the cd he didn't play? Melancholy just seems to leave me a little blah! Since it looks as if Compassion might go anyways I will attempt to save it.

I vote for Melancholy.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    And help me out here someone who has seen him, at least in Chicago, wasn't Melancholy the only song from the cd he didn't play?
    I'm pretty sure you're right TBF.

I've mentioned in previous Survivor games that I tend to break my list into thirds - 1. Favorites, 2. They're okay, and 3. Least favorites. This list was pretty easy for me to make, except for a couple in the middle.

Compassion is "in the middle" for me. I wish it weren't getting voted off just yet. Here are the notes I took for it:
    --------------------------------------------------
    It surprises me how much I like this song. I love the message in the lyrics, and in this song I feel the falsetto works for him nicely.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    To follow up, I like the way Timothy admits in the song that because of his success he may be out of touch with the real world. I think it's a very honest response from somebody who is "living like a king" to "see the world as it really is" and start to feel some compassion.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.