Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poor Poco: They Were 'The Next Big Thing...'

Default Re: Poor Poco: They Were 'The Next Big Thing...'

I saw them a few years ago. But Richie Furay was with them on that tour. Great show! I don't think I would see them without him though.

I have not seen Poco since Timothy left because I was so devastated, but I think if Richie was there, I would see them. Also would see Jim Messina. l have no idea who is in the band these days. Many of them have floated in & out...Does anyone know who is in Poco these days???

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I have not seen Poco since Timothy left because I was so devastated, but I think if Richie was there, I would see them. Also would see Jim Messina. l have no idea who is in the band these days. Many of them have floated in & out...Does anyone know who is in Poco these days???
    According to this:

Jack Sundrud, Rusty Young, George Lawrence, Michael Webb.

http://www.poconut.org/#scrapbook/2

I only really know Rusty from this group, but I'm sure the others are pretty good. I would just prefer to see Richie, Jim or Paul with them. I think it might make me sad to see all my favorites gone from this band!

I agree Topkat. When I saw them, Paul was still with them.George was recuperating from his stroke, but he came out and sang for a few songs.They opened for Loggins and Messina, and Jim came out for a few songs. So everybody was there for a few songs except Timothy. It was almost perfect. If only he was there.

I bet that was a really great show, & to see Loggin's & Messina along with them must have been fantastic. I always loved Loggins & Messina. I only saw them once, but they were great.

On reading up about Poco, they said that Jim left Poco to produce Kenny Loggins because he was that impressed with his songwriting. He ended up playing with him, & calling the album, "Sittin' In" They were great together. I never did see Jim play with Poco because he left the band before I even discovered them.