Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask Tim to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be?

Default Re: If you could ask Tim to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

For me its no contest; I would LOVE to see him perform The Shadow from Feed the Fire.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Default Re: If you could ask Tim to sing any non-Eagles song in a solo show, what would it be

Looking at dreamer's list of Beatles numbers - All good choices but 'Here Comes The Sun' stands out for me. I can really see Tim doing well with that one.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Aww - TBF - it's not that we don't love Tim, but, it is true, that his solo work just isn't as high profile as Glenn's, Don's, or Joe's. In addition, Tim doesn’t perform solo, so that gives his music even less exposure. I am planning on adding more to this thread, but I haven’t gotten around to it. But, for now I want to add to the idea of Tim covering Beatles songs that tbsf mentioned. This suggestion also came up in Don’s thread and I hadn’t given a lot of thought to it until just now. I said that, IMHO, Don’s voice was generally more suited to sing Lennon’s songs, and Glenn’s voice was more suited to sing McCartney songs. Now, if we carry this theory further, then Tim is the obvious choice to cover Harrison songs, and Joe would be suited to cover Ringo’s material (how appropriate is that). So here are the Harrison vocals that I think Tim could do justice to:

1. Love Me Do
    2. Do You Want To Know a Secret?
    3. I’m Happy Just To Dance With You
    4. This Boy
    5. Roll Over Beethoven
    6. Taxman
    7. Something
    8. Here Comes the Sun
    9. If I Needed Someone
    10. My Sweet Lord

In truth, I actually think Tim could do a great job with some of the others songs as well, especially McCartney's. In addition to Nowhere Man (a Lennon vocal) that tbsf already mentioned, Eleanor Rigby or Penny Lane were the first to pop into my mind.
    Two corrections here. Paul sings Love Me Do. John sings This Boy. I don't think Tim has the vocal power to carry off the middle eight of This Boy ('oh and this boy would be happy....) and as a person he seems too nice and agreeable to sing a song like Taxman.

But I don't want to stereotype him. I think he'd do better on a song like Mother Nature's Son. The magnificence of Eleanor Rigby might actually suit hm very well. Then there is one of John's songs, If I Fell. That would work.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Two corrections here. Paul sings Love Me Do. John sings This Boy.
    My bad - that's what I get for not doing my homework and trying to rely on my memory. You'd think I would know better than to do that. In any event, I do think Tim could a good job with both songs.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic View Post
    Looking at dreamer's list of Beatles numbers - All good choices but 'Here Comes The Sun' stands out for me. I can really see Tim doing well with that one.
    This is the first song of the Beatles that I can really imagine him doing. I don't know why, maybe it's just the fact that, like I said, I'm not a big Beatles fan, but I just haven't been able to imagine him actually singing them till you suggested this one tbsf. I like that idea!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I think I want to hear 'Song For Owen' live, I don't know why, but I have something with songs for their kids.
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

The Shadow
    Lonely Girl
    Give Me Back My Sight
    Every Song Is You
    Starin' At the Sky
    Something Sad
    In Roxy's Eyes
    I could really go on and on here.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Hands down, my FIRST choice would have to be "Give Me Back My Sight". The honesty of those lyrics -- essentially saying 'it's easy to get so caught up in my own world that I forget how important you and yours is' -- it just goes right to my . It humbles him and really exposes a side of him we don't see on stage. Come on, gals, wouldn't we ALL love to have THAT in our lives?

Next I'd have to go with "A Song For Owen" because that song leaves absolutely no doubt of his love for his kids, the importance of family in his life, and his recognition and acceptance that no matter how hard we try to hold on to our kids, eventually we have to let 'em grow on their own because we've taught them all we can and the rest is up to them.

THEN I'd want to hear You Are Everything, So Much In Love, Let It Be Me (I love those old standards and he does them SO WELL), and I guess everything he's ever done on a solo basis.

And bending the rules here just a bit, he would simply HAVE to sing Love Will Keep Us Alive and I Can't Tell You Why.......classic TBS signature songs even if they are Eagles material.

Some great choices, cynd. Welcome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the welcome........it's good to be on "Board" (pun intended!). I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts in the various threads and look forward to contributing.

I've got a few pictures to put up......will get to them this week. Nothing new but something I noticed recently on Jeddrah's My Space page that really struck me. No hints......will just get it posted shortly.

Have been bouncing about a great deal these past several months. LAST YEAR I had a friend invite me to Stagecoach because he knew I was such a TBS/Eagles fan and it was worth the trip. We then made trips to Atlanta, Dallas, D.C., Chicago, Boston and Cleveland. We combined the Boston concert with a two-week Thanksgiving visit with my son & his family and took them to the concert the night before the holiday. As you can surely guess, after a year I haven't tired of the Eden tour and will travel ANYWHERE I possibly can to see them!

It's going to be a llllllllooooonnnnnggggg summer with 'da boyz' spending two months in Europe and then coming back to lay low until September (?) but hopefully the down-time in August will give our sweet Timothy B. some time to polish off his new project which I'm really looking forward to (as I'm sure we all are).

Time to turn off the television and "Feed the Fire."