Page 125 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I may have misspoke. I was aware that Stevie did not write the biography. I may be wrong but I believe there was a part where she mentioned a time where an album was being discussed and that they needed to build it around Stevie’s schedule because she had become the bigger star. I’ll have to find that specific part of the book. I again can empathize with Stevie with her desire to avoid a tense tour with stress especially at this age. I can empathize with her disliking of Lindsey but I think some motivations behind this move were in a way self serving even if she didn’t think they were. I also disagree about mike being just as good of a guitarist but that’s not an important topic right now lol

I think Soda is being sarcastic in her comments about Mike Campbell. She's summarising Stevie's version of events.

Soda, I can't help but be sorry you are so dismissive of Neil Finn, of whom you appear not to have heard. His music is great, both with Split Enz & Crowded House. I've seen him once live & he's a great singer, songwriter & guitarist. But I can understand your feelings, because I feel the same about the person I'd barely heard of who people who insist is a member of the 'Eagles'.

Much as it pains me to say it I suppose at least the 'Eagles' are still attempting to play Glenn Frey's songs. The thought of a Mac show without Go Your Own Way or I'm So Afraid doesn't really bear thinking about. Like the 'Eagles' with Henley, it seems this is now even more Stevie & her backing band.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I think Soda is being sarcastic in her comments about Mike Campbell. She's summarising Stevie's version of events.
    Yes. I was not expressing my own opinion. I personally believe that Lindsey is the best guitarist alive. I do not think Campbell can slide right in and do everything just as well.

Soda, I can't help but be sorry you are so dismissive of Neil Finn, of whom you appear not to have heard. His music is great, both with Split Enz & Crowded House. I've seen him once live & he's a great singer, songwriter & guitarist. But I can understand your feelings, because I feel the same about the person I'd barely heard of who people who insist is a member of the 'Eagles'.
    I have heard "Don't Dream It's Over." I like it. However, he never made it over here. I must admit I do not feel inclined to listen to his back catalog.

Much as it pains me to say it I suppose at least the 'Eagles' are still attempting to play Glenn Frey's songs. The thought of a Mac show without Go Your Own Way or I'm So Afraid doesn't really bear thinking about. Like the 'Eagles' with Henley, it seems this is now even more Stevie & her backing band.
    I think they'll have to play a few of his songs - I can't imagine they'll be able to get away with leaving out Go Your Own Way. It's being played during the ads for the show. However, the vast majority will be gone, and what they do play will be feeble imitations, no matter how talented Neil Finn is.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I think the problem with the 'substitutes' in these bands is that although they may be very talented in their own right, they will never have universal fan acceptance in their 'new' bands. They are replacing very well-loved and respected legends that were essential members in these bands and some fans are just not going to embrace them regardless of their talent and past accomplishments. I find it very puzzling that they are willing to step into such big shoes when they really have nothing to prove.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I think the problem with the 'substitutes' in these bands is that although they may be very talented in their own right, they will never have universal fan acceptance in their 'new' bands. They are replacing very well-loved and respected legends that were essential members in these bands and some fans are just not going to embrace them regardless of their talent and past accomplishments. I find it very puzzling that they are willing to step into such big shoes when they really have nothing to prove.

Money.

Not to harp on Neil Finn but he is also a rather self-effacing personality, not the larger than life image Lindsey projected. Perhaps that is another reason why they asked him; he will be able to fade into the background while Stevie dominates. Mike Campbell on the other hand can just do his 'hired guitarist' act I suppose. I'm not excusing any of this; I don't have the emotional investment in it that I did in the 'Eagles'.
    Last edited by Freypower; 05-16-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This all sure makes me think bad of Stevie. Good grief!

As much as I loved her, I really have no interest seeing FM without Lindsey.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I thought Lindsey's comments were very classy. I'm glad he finally said something.

My translation: They had a fight at MusiCares, she decided touring with Lindsey would be too stressful, and she issued the ultimatum to have him fired without a thought as to how it would affect the music.

But Miss Stevie is happy!

Lost perspective indeed.

It makes me so freaking sad.
    That must have some fight if the end result is Lindsey’s firing. Maybe he went too far? I don’t know, I’m just guessing.

Last night I was listening to the FM channel on Sirius and Mick Fleetwood was guest DJ. The last song on his playlist was “Say Goodbye.” It was sad listening to the lyrics sung so beautifully by Stevie and Lindsey. And Mick’s choosing to play it is bittersweet.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    This all sure makes me think bad of Stevie. Good grief!

As much as I loved her, I really have no interest seeing FM without Lindsey.
    Me too. I am also getting very tired of bands who treat fans like ATM machines dispensing ready cash with no regard for how we might feel about being purposely misled and even lied to all to preserve their "brand image".

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Hey all! I knew there would be some discussion regarding the recent news out of Fleetwood Mac! If any of you are familiar with my youtube channel, I did record a vlog about it, which gives my perspective on the decision. Feel free to check that out if you want to kill some time.

My short-short-short take is this: Mike Campbell, good. Neil Finn, meh. Them together... not good enough for a permanent replacement (no one can truly "replace" Buckingham"), but good enough to make this ONE tour interesting. Frankly, I am really excited that they might do "Stop Draggin My Heart Around" with Mike in the band now.

Realistically, I am hoping that FM completes this tour successfully, and then takes some time off to then reconcile with Lindsey (hopefully with enough time to manage a farewell tour of sorts in five or six years). I would not really be interested in seeing this lineup, which has a bit of a novelty factor, more than once.
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Interesting, Joe! Be careful about buying everything the band is selling regarding the reasoning behind Lindsey's firing, though. Read back a page or two.

BTW apparently Neil Finn was a buddy of Mick's, but you're right that Campbell was Stevie's pick from the outset.

Enjoyed it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I wonder if this is all some sort of publicity stunt where the band decided Lindsey wanted to do his solo thing, the band wanted to tour, and couldn’t agree so they just “fired” him so they can each do their own thing, and then they are planning on having a reunion tour in a couple years. Probably not true but it would make sense for all the parties involved