Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new (old) Eagles fan!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: new (old) Eagles fan!

Welcome Jane. Glad you found us and hope you like it here on The Border. I was at that show in L.A. as well. Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet - but maybe we can next time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Smile Re: new (old) Eagles fan!

Thanks so much for all of the Welcoming words! I am looking forward to meeting up with you fellow Eagles fans at a future show!

Also, here's a question that has probably been addressed already, but I'm still learning my way around the website so haven't seen it:

Did anyone receive the "free poster" that was supposed to be included with the tickets for the Jan. 15th Forum show? I asked around that night, and no one at the Forum knew what I was talking about! I ended up buying a poster for $20! (it's a cool poster, so I'm glad I got it - even if it wasn't "free"!).

No - and I'm not happy about it. I wonder who we should complain to? I might move these posts to the show thread.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm not sure who's responsible either, but since Ticketmaster had the "free poster" offer on its ticket pre-sale information, maybe they would know something? If I find out anything, I'll certainly pass it along!

It's not a big deal (not receiving the free poster), but at the same time, it'd be interesting to know if it was just an oversight or some kind of miscommunication between Ticketmaster and the Eagles, right? Either way, it's not cool to promise something and then not deliver!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Just wanted to come in here and let you all know that I just got a UPS delivery that contained the free posters. It's not a huge deal, but I'm glad they sent them. Even thought it's not a lot, I still don't think it would be cool for them to not follow through with their commitment either.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well, speak of the devil! lol. I eagerly await mine - hope they didn't send it to my old address.

Smile Re: new (old) Eagles fan!

Wow! Great Timing! Thanks so much for letting us know that you got your posters! For some reason, I was expecting to receive the posters before the show or even at the show...but it makes sense that they mail them out afterwards, so I should have had more faith! (sorry, Ticketmaster!) I'll eagerly await mine, too!

Hey...I was wondering this, too: at the Forum show on the 15th...were any of you guys waiting in line outside, at the very front of the line, around 6:00 pm? I remember seeing a group of avid fans who were at the head of the line...they were being interviewed by one of the video crews....? I realized later that might have been some of you! (I was 3rd back in the line!) I'm sure some of us crossed paths that night without realizing it...hope to meet up with more of you next time!

No, none of us were interviewed, but we were in that line. We probably did pass each other at some point. As I said that night, I'm always game to meet up with fellow fans!

Just wanted to report that today I received my posters from the Jan. 15th Forum show! I was worried about not getting them, so I bought one at the show and so now I've ended up with 3 posters! I should have known that the Eagles would come through! So happy to have these great reminders of such a special night - only wish I had another concert on the horizon to look forward to (need to save up some money first!)

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Jane, I see I've been remiss in welcoming you here! I can't believe we were at two shows together and didn't know each other at the time! I thought the Seattle show was one of the best, if not the best, show I've ever seen.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.